Quicken crashing

Options
GandhiM
GandhiM Member ✭✭
All of sudden quicken started crashing when loading file. My file is located in a local hard drive.
I ran all windows system maintenance;
I validated file;
I unistalled and installed quicken;
I tried to open other files;
I created a new file;

all attempts resulted in the same crash.

I do not use windows defender, so it can not be the controlled folder access.
Any suggestion?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

First, I do advise that you go into your recycle bin and restore the Quicken folder that you mentioned deleting from the documents folder as that folder would contain your data files.

However, at this point, I also recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @GandhiM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try downloading and installing the latest version's Mondo Patch through this support article.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja

• GandhiM
    GandhiM Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anja, thanks for answering.
    - I installed patch, it updated the quicken file to version R40.21 - it crashed on loading file after put my password on.
    I tried some additional steps, which are:
    - I restarted the computer and started a new file -I signed in to quicken account with new file, asked to add my first account and then it crashed (it means my file is not corrupted I guess), it is a problem with quicken
    - I use kaspersky internet security. I disabled protection and restarted quicken - it crashed on opening program.
    All this crashing has been happening before for a long time, but now I can not even open quicken

Do you have any additional suggestions?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for your response, though I am sorry to hear that this crashing issue persists for you.

I know you mentioned in your original post that you have tried uninstalling/reinstalling already, however, I recommend that you please try uninstalling once more, except before reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• GandhiM
    GandhiM Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anja, Thank you. but it did not work. I followed this procedures:

Desintalled and deleted the folder and also deleted folder in mydocuments>Quicken

Restart computer

Scan and optimized C:

Reinstalled Quicken, reinstalled Mondo Patch

Started a new file, login to account, when asked to add account, it crashed

Thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for following up.

First, I do advise that you go into your recycle bin and restore the Quicken folder that you mentioned deleting from the documents folder as that folder would contain your data files.

However, at this point, I also recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you

-Quicken Anja

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @GandhiM what version of Windows are you running... latest WIN11 update can cause issues with some software apps...

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913336/problems-after-patch-tuesday-on-5-10-22#latest

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• GandhiM
    GandhiM Member ✭✭
    Options
    I use windows 10. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.