PayPal Online Setup seems to have been hacked, how do I rest and delete

PayPal Online Setup seems to have been hacked, how do I rest and delete
It was changed to "ZZZ-PayPal Old" with a Url of www.lappyapp.com,
I know is a scam and want it remove from Quicken.
What can I do?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Sherlock I am unable to clear the financial institution.
    I suggest you create a new off line checking register, move the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset any impacted memorized payees and reminders, delete the original register, and proceed with the Tools > Add Account..., etc.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Paypal has decided to switch from EWC to EWC+.  I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD  and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• Dave Richardson
    Dave Richardson Member ✭✭
    OK, so how do you "clear the financial name on the General tab"?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK, so how do you "clear the financial name on the General tab"?
    After you have deactivated the Online Services associated with the register, you should be able to clear the financial institution's name on the General tab.  To deactivate the Online Services associated with the account register: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, and select Deactivate
  • Dave Richardson
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because you didn't deactivate the account from downloads first.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Dave Richardson
    @NotACPA so how do I deactivate it?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I suggest you create a new off line checking register, move the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset any impacted memorized payees and reminders, delete the original register, and proceed with the Tools > Add Account..., etc.
  • Dave Richardson
    That worked
This discussion has been closed.