Can't link my Voya to Quicken - now requires username with @voya after it

cawatts
cawatts Member ✭✭
Anyone else have a problem linking your Voya retirement account to Quicken?
I'm on version 40.21. I've tried the solutions I've seen so far and it still says I need to set up a login with Voya which I already have. I've confirmed I'm using the correct login and password for Voya web access.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    @cawatts - Which Voya retirement plan?  I counted 42 different set up links in Add Account for various retirement plans that Voya administers.
    Have you been able to set up your Voya account in Quicken before or is this the first time you are trying to get it set up?
    Also, the Voya website says that instructions for how to set it up in Quicken will be provided once logged into the online account.  This isn't always the case, but in my experience when a financial institution says something like that they are indicating that they might have some unique login ID/PW requirements (different from normal web access) for use with Quicken.  Have you checked to see if Voya has some unique login ID/PW requirements for your account?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    I'm glad to hear you got your Voya account set up for download now.
    I did find a PDF file from Voya with the instruction I'd referred to earlier and, yes, it does include the need for the special username requirement.  I am posting it here so others might find it to be of help.:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @cawatts

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with adding your Voya account(s) to Quicken. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Voya account(s) to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cawatts
    cawatts Member ✭✭
    Thank you Jasmine. Unfortunately. that didn't work either
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    @cawatts - Which Voya retirement plan?  I counted 42 different set up links in Add Account for various retirement plans that Voya administers.
    Have you been able to set up your Voya account in Quicken before or is this the first time you are trying to get it set up?
    Also, the Voya website says that instructions for how to set it up in Quicken will be provided once logged into the online account.  This isn't always the case, but in my experience when a financial institution says something like that they are indicating that they might have some unique login ID/PW requirements (different from normal web access) for use with Quicken.  Have you checked to see if Voya has some unique login ID/PW requirements for your account?

• Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2022
    One additional comment:  If your retirement account is an annuity it cannot be connected to Voya.  Annuity accounts, regardless of financial institution, can only be set up as manual accounts and managed manually.  I have mine set up as manual IRA investment accounts and, while not ideal, they do work pretty well.

• cawatts
    cawatts Member ✭✭
    I've tried to use Voya Institutional plan services. My specific company plan isn't shown. This is the first time I've tried to see it up in Quicken. I did download the document from Voya but the instructions there didn't work either.
  • cawatts
    cawatts Member ✭✭
    The plan is not an annuity
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @cawatts when you first signed up for your 401(k) plan at your company, you should have gotten some informational materials which would have included the website and how to sign on.  Sometimes there is a special or one-time sign on for Quicken that is different than what you would normally use.  Also, there might be an option or "switch" that needs to be turned on in your online 401(k) account.  If you haven't already done so, I would call Voya's 401(k) helpline, or your HR, to confirm the correct sign on and credentials for Quicken and what you need to do to establish a connection.
  • cawatts
    cawatts Member ✭✭
    Thanks to those who tried to help. As it turned out, Voya now requires your username with @voya after it (no.com). That fixed the issue. Use your regular password and not your pin as Quicken requests.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    I'm glad to hear you got your Voya account set up for download now.
    I did find a PDF file from Voya with the instruction I'd referred to earlier and, yes, it does include the need for the special username requirement.  I am posting it here so others might find it to be of help.:

This discussion has been closed.