My bill reminders are missing

Options
Normally, when I click "Go to bills" on the "Bills" menu, it takes me to a tiled list of my upcoming bills. Now, after an update, it takes me to a screen that says "Manage your bills", with a "Get Started" button, but none of my current reminders are there. If I click "Manage Bills and Income" from the "Bills" menu, it opens up a popup window with a list of my bill reminders. So Quicken apparently has a list of them, but it doesn't show them when I click "Go to bills". Restarting quicken did not help. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @TomVee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TomVee
    TomVee Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I tried both of your suggestions, but it didn't help. I did actually do something a few months ago that might be relevant. Quicken was renaming my accounts during one-step update. I posted on this forum, and took the advice given in a reply to that post:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904323/how-do-i-stop-one-step-update-from-renaming-my-account-nicknames#latest

I was warned in those instructions that it might mess up my bill reminders. It did not affect anything at that time. But perhaps it has some relation to what is happening now.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @TomVee,

Thank you for updating us and providing more information. 

Next, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before you noticed that your Bill Reminders had begun having issues. You may follow this link for more information regarding restoring from backups. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GlennD
    GlennD Member ✭✭
    Options
    What version of Outlook do you have installed? If it is 64-bit, bill reminders no longer work. I found out by talking to someone in Chat Support. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @tomvee do you combine bills with Income & Transfers? Try  toggling that option on and off.  It refreshes the screen, so it's worth a try.  Also if you try any view options other than "Stack View"  what happens?

Another thing to try is to go into "Manage Manual Bills and Income".  Open and close a couple of items and then go back to your bill list to see if they appear.  If not, restart Quicken and check the bill list again to see if they are there.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Tomvee - I didn't mention that when you open and close each bill reminder use the "Edit this instance and all future instances".
This discussion has been closed.