American Express Biller Issue

jnprop
jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
For a couple of months now I cant get my online biller American Express  to update. It jsut stays in this mode "Biller Added. Waiting for latest update. Biller American Express added but the next due amount is not yet available. Please try to update your Bill List later."

It has stayed in this mode for several months. I have deleted the Online Biller and tried again but get the same result as above. The bill is currently due with a balance. But still remains as above. This is very frustrating! Please assist if you can@!

THanks 
Parrish 

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @jnprop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Jasmine,   I did as suggested and it said the biller was incomplete and invalid (or something similar) and it removed the biller. Still having same issue. Thanks!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• jnprop
    jnprop Member ✭✭✭✭
    @UKR Hey, I appreciate your input. Thank-you!
  • Dley
    Dley Member ✭✭
    I'm also having an issue with American Express not updating the online bills. I consistently receive a message 'The biller's website is not accessible at this time. Please try again later'. It has been like this for several weeks.
  • Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    Same thing here. I followed the above suggestion and every thing came back as "in sync with server".
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Here's an update:

I've had this issue with several credit cards: Barclay, American Express and Chase. While trying different approaches to solve my issue, I was able to get my American Express bill downloaded after unlinking it from its reminder and refreshing the biller. Then I relinked the Amex card to its reminder and all was well. 😁

I tried the same approach with Chase and I did get the billing info downloaded. However after relinking the Chase card to its reminder, the billing info (amounts and due date) simply vanished. I tried several times with the same result. Eventually I deleted the reminder and created a new one and then it worked correctly. 😁

Regarding Barclay, I tried everything I described above to no avail: the billing info won't download and there's no statement present for this period. Normally the statement would have been downloaded 10 days ago.😟
This discussion has been closed.