Quicken creating duplicate bill..

Options
When I link an already created monthly bill, and I successfully link it to a biller and it updates, it creates a duplicate of the original. Same due date, same amount, different name. It's done this now with 2 bills. What's happening here. Thanks for any help!

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Joseph Fuller,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Joseph Fuller
    Joseph Fuller Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Well, there is no error message, only a duplicate bill in the stack view right next to the one I use to link the bill. And even though I linked to an already created bill, What I did do, was "link to bill" the duplicated via drop down list, to the already created bill reminder. That "consolidated" the two back into the original. But I'm not sure that when it updates again, that another duplicate won't be created again, I don't know. This has happened to 3 bills now.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Joseph Fuller

Thank you for providing more information. 

I do apologize for the miscommunication, could you please upload a screenshot of the duplicate bills and what you are referring to? (Please remember to redact personal information as needed). 

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.