Input in Japanese character (Q Mac)

It wasn't the case before, but recently, particularly after I updated macOS to Monterey 12.4, I found Quicken(Mac version, version 6.7.1) would not accept the Japanese characters when I input the names of shops, payees. Are there any workarounds? Isn't Quicken support unicode characters?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @pleni_sole,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

What occurs when attempting to add Japanese characters? Do you receive any sort of error codes or messages?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pleni_sole
    pleni_sole Member
    Thanks for reaching me. I have attached two screenshots. Unfortunately, I didn't receive any error messages, but just that the corrupted characters appeared.

Thanks for your attention.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @pleni_sole,

Thank you for uploading the screenshots and for providing more information.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• pleni_sole
    pleni_sole Member
    Hi, Jasmine. I reinstalled Quicken, but in vain. Any other things I could try?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited May 2022
    Hello @pleni_sole

Thank you for attempting to uninstall/reinstall your Quicken application, though I do apologize that did not assist us in reaching a resolution.

In your original post, were you referring to updating your Mac Operating System, updating your Quicken application, or both?

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• pleni_sole
    pleni_sole Member
    Thanks for your kind attention. I meant when I updated macOS.

I also should inform you that the corrupted characters appeared on the names of the accounts, and stocks/trusts which I used Japanese characters.

The categories that I used the Japanese are not affected, and they appear uncorrupted.

Many thanks to your support.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your kind attention. I meant when I updated macOS.

I also should inform you that the corrupted characters appeared on the names of the accounts, and stocks/trusts which I used Japanese characters.

The categories that I used the Japanese are not affected, and they appear uncorrupted.

Many thanks to your support.
    Hello @pleni_sole,       

Thanks for getting back to us with the answer to that question. I do apologize that this issue is continuing.

How often do you save backups? We recommend saving backups frequently by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a recent backup saved just prior to when this issue began by going to File > Restore from Backup... I am curious as to whether or not this issue continues in a restored data file.

I hope to hear more from you soon.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • pleni_sole
    pleni_sole Member
    Hi, Jared. I restored from the April 17th backup file. No character corruption and shows correct account names in Japanese characters.

Hope this help.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Hi, Jared. I restored from the April 17th backup file. No character corruption and shows correct account names in Japanese characters.

Hope this help.
    Hello @pleni_sole,   

Thank you for getting back to me with the results of those troubleshooting steps; that is, indeed, helpful. I am happy to hear that everything appears to have returned to normal in the restored backup file. I recommend operating with this file as the primary data file going forward, if possible. 

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.