Account downloads only accepting Debits

Options
Truist is my bank. I can see the csv files have both debits and credits. Web connect files runs OK but only loads debits. I have 2 databases for different businesses and this only happens on one quicken file not another. Things work fine on the checking account file but does not accept credits on the credit card accounts. All credits missing are transfers from the checking account.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Truist is my bank. I can see the csv files have both debits and credits. Web connect files runs OK but only loads debits. I have 2 databases for different businesses and this only happens on one quicken file not another. Things work fine on the checking account file but does not accept credits on the credit card accounts. All credits missing are transfers from the checking account.
    Hello @Ed at the Beach

I am sorry about this problem with downloading and importing transactions. Thank you for bringing this issue up for discussion here on the Quicken Community.

First, are there any filters active in the register associated with the affected account? You can check this by clicking on the account in the left-hand panel and then clicking the green Reset button just above the register itself - if and when this button appears. If this button is grayed out, then no filters are active.

Next, I recommend trying this in a 'test' file, first by saving a backup and going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then creating the 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

Try adding your Truist accounts, exclusively, in this new test file and then attempting to import your transactions as you had previously. I am curious as to whether or not this behavior continues in the test file.

I look forward to hearing back from you about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Have you looked at those downloaded Webconnect QFX files? Do they contain the credit transactions?
    Is it possible that Quicken mismatches the downloaded credits to older, already accepted downloaded credits?
    Can you show us a snippet of the QFX file containing a credit transaction plus one transaction before and one after ... trying to spot syntax errors in the download file ...

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Ed at the Beach
    Options
    How do I look at a QFX file? That's why I downloaded a second time from the bank a cvs file, I can open that with excel.
  • Ed at the Beach
    Options
    Filters are for display. These transaction just are not getting added to my Quicken database.
  • Ed at the Beach
    Options
    BBT turned into Truest and had other download problems during transition. They reversed debits and credits for a week.
    But I have everything working now in another Q database with Truist. This business / quicken implementation doesn't load these CC payments. It must be something in how I have set up this company / accounts.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do I look at a QFX file? That's why I downloaded a second time from the bank a cvs file, I can open that with excel.
    QFX files are text files and can be opened with Notepad or any other ASCII text editor (you can open with MS Word, but do be sure to not save any changes made while in Word)

• Ed at the Beach
    Options
    Thanks UKR - The QFX file has both debits and the missing credit transactions.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks UKR - The QFX file has both debits and the missing credit transactions.
    That means, now you need to figure out what happened to the transactions (or better yet, call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and let them figure it out). Who or what in Quicken dropped the ball?
This discussion has been closed.