Citi Amazon Double-Cash Card CC-502 Unable to Connect to Citibank Server

RSM2000
RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
Please try again in a few hours - was down yesterday and all day today.  Tried removing the online transaction downloads and then re-installing and still unable to connect at all to Citi Amazon Double-Cash Visa account in Quicken for Windows.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @RSM2000,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Oddly, Citibank COSTCO credit card account DOES download as expected with no CC-502 errors??  Might help your team, the Citi Costco cards typically (though not always) are Citi BUSINESS credit unit, not their 'consumer' division.  May be that the business unit has some kind of different 'handshake' when online transactions are being requested for download (only guessing)...
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    How can I reach out directly to the Quicken support team that is working on this problem?  I would like to share some thoughts with them.
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello again,
    RSM2000 said:
    How can I reach out directly to the Quicken support team that is working on this problem?  I would like to share some thoughts with them.
    You can do so through the Help > Report a problem submissions. While you will not receive a response for problem reports submitted through the program, these submissions do go directly to a database that is accessible by members of our Product and Development teams as well as our Tier 2 agents and other internal channels.

These reports are reviewed daily, mainly to track multiple reports of the same trending issues or to request log files for troubleshooting/escalation purposes. However, if valuable information is submitted here that our teams can use, it will certainly be taken into consideration as well.

I hope this helps! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Anja
  • Quicken Anja
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

• RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Possible FIX!  My account at Citi had become locked, if so you must call their credit card unit 1 800 950 5114 and provide account information to unlock it.  THEN you must add a special character like # ! etcetera to your password, along with 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter plus a number (see their website for exact password requirements).  If you are successful in creating a new "strong" password, you then must add the account back into Quicken (you must first DEACTIVATE the account).  Click on the account and click ONLINE SERVICES, then click setup.  Enter your user name (which is CASE SenSaTive) and Password (be sure you comply with all the new password rules).  Your active Citi accounts should now show up and you can assign them to your appropriate Quicken accounts.  Worked for me!!!  Note the online login address for citi is https://www.citi.com to access via your web browser.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Possible FIX!  My account at Citi had become locked, if so you must call their credit card unit 1 800 950 5114 and provide account information to unlock it.  THEN you must add a special character like # ! etcetera to your password, along with 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter plus a number (see their website for exact password requirements).  If you are successful in creating a new "strong" password, you then must add the account back into Quicken (you must first DEACTIVATE the account).  Click on the account and click ONLINE SERVICES, then click setup.  Enter your user name (which is CASE SenSaTive) and Password (be sure you comply with all the new password rules).  Your active Citi accounts should now show up and you can assign them to your appropriate Quicken accounts.  Worked for me!!!  Note the online login address for citi is https://www.citi.com to access via your web browser.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    NO JOY.  I tried my 'fix' as I wrote it above, and it was successful in Quicken - but 1 day later CC-502 problem has returned.  Don't know why.  At least I was able to get my transactions current and reconcile the account to the online balance momentarily.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    RSM2000 said:
    Oddly, Citibank COSTCO credit card account DOES download as expected with no CC-502 errors??  Might help your team, the Citi Costco cards typically (though not always) are Citi BUSINESS credit unit, not their 'consumer' division.  May be that the business unit has some kind of different 'handshake' when online transactions are being requested for download (only guessing)...
    Most likely your Costco credit card is setup with Direct Connect, which wouldn't have a CC-502 error because CC- errors are for Express Web Connect not Direct Connect.

Whenever possible you want to setup using Direct Connect because it is much more reliable then Express Web Connect.  Also note, that Express Web Connect errors for "Citibank" have been known/reported for quite some time now.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    AFAIK, Citi discontinued direct connect for their credit card accounts at the end of 2021.  There is no alternative connection method available for my Citi Double Cash Mastercard other than Express Web Connect.  I am able to deactivate then setup the card again and link it, and it all works as expected.  The problem seems to be the following day... I get the CC-501 error.  I will try it again tomorrow and report back.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    1 day after successfully de-activating the account then 'set up' for online transaction downloads (LINK to existing Quicken Citi Card account) the One-step download failed with CC-502.  However, when I clicked on the specific problem account and manually did the download within that one account, it worked fine.  I suspect a timing issue, that is when Quicken goes out to ask for new transactions among all the active accounts, it must not get a response timely enough, and thus generates the connection error.  When doing JUST THAT ONE ACCOUNT transaction download request - it works as expected.  Hopefully Quicken team can smooth this issue out.  I'm just happy I can get it to work within Quicken.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    RSM2000 said:
    AFAIK, Citi discontinued direct connect for their credit card accounts at the end of 2021. 
    FWIW just a week ago I setup my in-laws "brand new" Citi card (some rewards card, not Costco, not business) as Direct Connect.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the direct connect comment.  I do not see any option to change connection for my Citi Double Cash Visa (Amazon Visa card).  Do you know how I might change over to direct connect?
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    THIS MAY BE THE FIX.  Goal- change to Direct Connect  How?  1- DEACTIVATE (not remove) the account under the account online tab.  2- Go to https://citi.com/datamanagement  3- You will be required to enter your Citi logon credentials FOR THE CARD YOU ARE TRYING TO ADD TO QUICKEN  4- Once you do that you must 'give permission' for Citi to provide info to 3rd party apps like Quicken after granting permission to Citi you only have 10 minutes max to add the account into Quicken (it's a Citi 10 minute timer that appears onscreen) 5- Back in Quicken click the + sign at the top to add new account.  Type in "Citicards" (NOT Citibank!).  6- Important:  Click ADVANCED OPTIONS and then select DIRECT CONNECT  7-Enter your logon credentials for Citi and also add the password for your password vault  8-Wait for the account to be found, then click LINK TO EXISTING and select the account in Quicken that matches the one you are trying to fix.  Bob's your Uncle!  Worked for me.  Note that if you try this and choose Citibank instead of Citi Cards, you will NOT have any advanced option to select 'Direct Connect' and you may likely continue struggling with CC-502 connection issues.  Hope this helps others.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Update:  I had to also do the above procedure for my Costco Anywhere Visa (provided by Citi).  Again, I had to go into Quicken and De-activate the online transaction download feature for the card, then I had to fulfill the above steps one by one within the 10 minute time frame that Citi gives at https://citi.com/datamanagement.  Remember to choose CITICARDS when adding the account back into 
    Quicken.  Simply clicking the big CITI logo in the list of banks is WRONG and will NOT work.  You must type in Citicards.  Note:  I did NOT choose the Citi Costo Anywhere Visa in the list of banks, I just chose Citicards, and it found the account and I was able to click Advanced Options and choose Direct Connect.
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Status Update:  WORKING GREAT!  Keys to the kingdom: 1-Click on the troubled account, then click "EDIT", 2- Click ONLINE tab  3- Click De-activate then OK  4- In main Quicken accounts view, click the + (plus) sign to ADD ACCOUNTS 5-For bank, type in Citi Cards 6-Important: Click on ADVANCED OPTIONS 7-Instead of Web Connect click DIRECT CONNECT then NEXT 7-Find the account you are trying to fix in Quicken and then click LINK TO EXISTING and then OK.  Before doing any of the above steps, you must give Citi 'permission' to link to 3rd party software ("Quicken" is NOT a Citi program).  Go to https://citi.com/datamanagement and login with the Citi login credentials for the particular account you are trying to add.  Note:  If you have a Citi Costco Anywhere Visa you may have different login credentials than you do for personal Citi credit cards.  After logging on at Citi datamanagement, you must say YES you want to use 3rd party financial software to track your Citi account(s).  You then will see a 10-minute timer begin to count down to zero.  You must follow the above steps within 10 minutes or this will not work.  
This discussion has been closed.