How do I update to version R36.23 or higher to get online banking working again?

dandy48
dandy48 Member ✭✭
I keep getting emails telling me online banking won't work. 1t doesn't work on one account since the last update week before last. I do the instructions (Help / Check for Updates) and it says I have the latest update (Release R40.21). So how do I get a more current update or roll back to something that works? The one that no longer works is T. Rowe Price, not a small outfit.

Answers

• EhmannS
    EhmannS Member ✭✭
    I have received emails from Quicken stating "As of May 24, you were using an older version of Quicken that does not have these critical updates. You must update Quicken now ...'
    When I "Check for Updates", I receive the message "You already have the latest version of Quicken ( Release R40.21 )."
    This is annoying and frustrating. Am I the only one receiving this false intelligence?
    Thank you for this forum!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    If you are having an issue with one financial institution, it is unlikely the Quicken application software is to blame.  If you're using Release R40.21, you may ignore the email: select Help > About Quicken

As T. Rowe Price supports the Direct Connect connection method, I suggest you contact the financial institution.
  • dandy48
    dandy48 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Unlikely maybe but I suggest you might want to get up to speed on what your untested updates are doing. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20272422 You broke it. Quit trying to blame others for your faulty software.

Please quit sending me emails telling me it is my problem or at least tell me how to undo your buggy updates. This as working until you recently updated your software. I suggest you contact your company for up-to-date information on your problems. You could fix this easily by just removing your latest update.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dandy48 I suggest you read this FAQ so that you know who you are talking to:
    Who's who on the Community — Quicken

If you want to go back to a previous release of Quicken you just have to install the Mondo patch for that version.
    Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired

Note, it is very easy to confuse changes in Quicken (the program) and what might have changed in a similar timeframe in the system connecting Quicken to the financial institution, or the financial institution, and various settings in your data file or system configuration files.

And as such you might be barking up the wrong tree.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dandy48 said:  ... it says I have the latest update (Release R40.21). 
    The one that no longer works is T. Rowe Price....
    Well, R40.21 is current ...
    And you haven't gone beyond "doesn't work" in any explanation of your TRowe accounts not working -
    BTW - my TRP accounts work fine - so explain what you are seeing -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dandy48 said:
    Unlikely maybe but I suggest you might want to get up to speed on what your untested updates are doing. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20272422 You broke it. Quit trying to blame others for your faulty software.

Please quit sending me emails telling me it is my problem or at least tell me how to undo your buggy updates. This as working until you recently updated YOUR software. I suggest you contact YOUR company for up to date information on YOUR problems. You could fix this easily by just removing your latest update.
    Hi @"ddandy48

I would suggest that you check to see if your Email Address is listed in About Quicken, under Help. If not, see the following:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871528/faq-having-online-quicken-banking-server-issues/p1?new=1 

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• dandy48
    dandy48 Member ✭✭
    It appears the Quicken community isn't up to speed on the problems that Quicken has and that have been acknowledged by Intuit as problems with Quicken. As of this morning Intuit has finally fixed the problem that they acknowledged was THEIR problem that has been ongoing for over 2 weeks. Maybe they will do some more extensive testing of their updates in the future before releasing them or at least back them off when so many users point them out.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @dandy48 Intuit hasn't owned Quicken for many years now.  The new company is called Quicken Inc.   But Quicken Inc does still pay Intuit for the connection services, like Express Web Connect.

Direct Connect on the other hand is directly from Quicken (the program) to the financial institution.

And if the problem was fixed without a new release of Quicken then in fact the problem wasn't in Quicken (the program) and had nothing to do with "testing a release".  The problem would have to be on the financial institution's side.

For Express Web Connect kinds of problems it can be Quicken (the program), a Quicken server problem, a Intuit server problem, or a financial institution problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.