Editing bills error (Q Mac)

haywardjon
haywardjon Member ✭✭
I have recently upgraded to latest version. I have edited a bill but the edit does not appear on the list of bills schedule which still shows the previous (unedited) entry. Has anyone else had this problem? The help chat and phone service are both closed.Thanks

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @haywardjon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? To start with, I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

I hope this helps!

If needed, please click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• haywardjon
    haywardjon Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your suggestion, I was reluctant to restore a backup as I hd made several other changes to my accounts since the last backup and I did not want to risk losing them. i have since discovered that the issue has been resolved by removing one of the splits (there were 3 on the transaction) and by removing one of them and adjusting the total the value sum then appeared correctly after the edited version was saved. Previously the 'new' edoited total appeared corectly whilst editing but then reverted to the previous amount when viewed in the account. Hopefully a one-off glitch!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.