Quicken hangs indefinitely when syncing accounts after upgrading to 6.7.0

gburlingame
gburlingame Member ✭✭
Has anyone else run into a problem with Quicken hanging indefinitely (spinning color wheel) when syncing accounts? Everything was working fine until I upgraded to 6.7.0.

I have to Force Quit every time.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we advise that you try uninstalling and reinstalling the program to see if doing so will help resolve the issue. Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, if that does not work, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated and request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• jfrefs
    jfrefs Member ✭✭
    The latest upgrade is a hot mess for me. "Not responding" messages. Renaming from pre-upgrade backups. Rebooting the Mac twice. I can't find a phone number for technical support, even from the "Call Us" link.
  • Douglas H
    Douglas H Member ✭✭
    I'm having similar issues since the download.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    jfrefs said:
    The latest upgrade is a hot mess for me. "Not responding" messages. Renaming from pre-upgrade backups. Rebooting the Mac twice. I can't find a phone number for technical support, even from the "Call Us" link.
    @jfrefs The phone number only shows up in the Call Us link during the hours phone support is open, which is 8 am to 8 pm Eastern time, Monday through Friday. (Text chat support is available during those hours on the weekend.)

For future reference, the phone number for Quicken Support is 650-250-1900.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mmatz
    mmatz Member
    Same problem, issues since the download, also lost transactions and backups for April :/
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    I called into customer service at 650-250-1900. The CS rep had me create a new Quicken file with my checking account. After I synchronized accounts I had the same problem -- spinning color wheel that never goes away -- app is not responsive, have to force quit. The CS rep encouraged me to wait for the next Quicken update and hope that the problem is fixed in the next update.
  • DrNorm
    DrNorm Member ✭✭
    having exact same issue as all describe above. Must "force quit" the unresponsive app EVERY time.... and every time, I send a "report". (as if anyone cares or does anything about it?)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It seems odd that this is happening to a small number of Quicken Mac users. It’s clearly not widespread, but it’s clearly not just one person’s data file, either. I wonder if we can figure out what the users experiencing this might have in common (and different from others who are not experiencing the problem).

What version of macOS is everyone running?

Do you have accounts (current or closed) in non-US currencies? (A recent syncing problem apparently relates to differing currencies.)

Are any of your accounts Direct Connect? If so, can you try to update one account rather than all accounts? Does that work, or does it hang?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DrNorm
    DrNorm Member ✭✭
    well, I am running MacOS 12.3.1 and Quicken for Mac 6.7.0. I have 3 different XXX.Quicken data files (personal and 2 different businesses), none have foreign currencies and all 3 have at least one Direct Connect account. Testing with the simplest data file (only a single checking account and 2 credit card accounts), it does not seem to "let" me update individual accounts? Whether I try from the "account status" window or from the "Accounts" tab (selecting "update selected account"). However, when I click the "circular arrow" (update all) icon at the top of the left column (accounts pane), THAT is when I get the unresponsive "spinning beach ball" and must Force Quit. I have the same issue with ALL THREE data files.
  • DrNorm
    DrNorm Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    GOOD/BAD news? So... in the above data file, which has a single checking account, 2 credit cards and no investments, I changed the checking account from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect. It downloaded MANY "old" transactions BUT did not freeze! However, now neither of the credit card accounts will update, even though they were updating just fine prior to changing the connection type of the checking account??????? WTF? Clicking the "update all" does nothing and clicking the "update" buttons for the individual accounts in the Account Status window does nothing. (nor does Account > Update All accounts from the menu bar).

So... by changing one account from "direct connect" top "Quicken connect"... now NOTHING WILL UPDATE, AT ALL. Not even the checking account, again.

Changing BACK to Direct Connect updates the checking account... but also brings back the spinning ball/unresponsive application problem. It also no longer updates the credit card accounts, either.

So..... "Direct Connect" appears to be part of the problem but not the whole problem?
  • KuniaKid
    KuniaKid Member ✭✭
    Add me to the list of unable to update/download transactions. Quicken for Mac 6.7.0, MacOS 12.3.1
  • KuniaKid
    KuniaKid Member ✭✭
    > @jacobs said:
    >
    > Are any of your accounts Direct Connect? If so, can you try to update one account rather than all accounts? Does that work, or does it hang?

I had to CC's that were direct connect. I changed to Quicken connect and it seems to be working. I will update after a few test runs.
  • KuniaKid
    KuniaKid Member ✭✭
    erm... That would be "two CC's"
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we advise that you try uninstalling and reinstalling the program to see if doing so will help resolve the issue. Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, if that does not work, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated and request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• vistaclara
    vistaclara Member
    Since upgrading to version 6.7.0, every time I download transactions Quicken hangs. I have to force quit and reopen Quicken. The transactions are downloaded, but it's annoying.
  • Tikicat
    Tikicat Member
    Happening to me as well. Uninstalled, reinstalled... no change
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    I'm having this problem since I updated to Version 6.7.1 (Build 607.44146.100) yesterday.
  • Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    > @jtjbt20x said:
    > I'm having this problem since I updated to Version 6.7.1 (Build 607.44146.100) yesterday.

Same here.
  • gburlingame
    gburlingame Member ✭✭
    Quick update from the OP
    Citizens Bank sent me notification they were discontinuing support for Direct Connect in a month or so (that's a bummer).

I decided to get ahead so I switched my account over to Quicken Connect form Direct Connect. After switching to Quicken Connect I am no longer experiencing the indefinite hang issue so it seems as though the issue I was experiencing was related to Direct Connect.
  • DrNorm
    DrNorm Member ✭✭
    > I decided to get ahead so I switched my account over to Quicken Connect form Direct Connect. After switching to Quicken Connect I am no longer experiencing the indefinite hang issue so it seems as though the issue I was experiencing was related to Direct Connect.

I have a data file that had only one bank account using DirectConnect (and another credit card account using Quicken Connect) and it was "freezing" with every update (as are the other 2 data files I have).

So I changed that account to Quicken Connect.... and it's STILL freezing every time I try to update.

SO...... "Direct Connect" is NOT the issue here. (tried it with both other data files, as well- what have I got to lose?- and they also still freeze).
  • drberezin
    drberezin Member ✭✭
    I started having the issue after the 6.7.1 update. It wasn't happening with 6.7.0 (I'm on MacOS 12.4). I have numerous accounts including PNC, Capital One, Amex, investment accounts, etc. Same issue as described above - Quicken hangs with the spinning wheel during an update and then I have to force quit.
  • KuniaKid
    KuniaKid Member ✭✭
    I don’t have any Janny accounts and I was having the same hanging issue. I changed all direct connections to Quicken connections and it works now.
  • FJV
    FJV Member ✭✭
    I having the same issue after updating to 6.7.1 hangs indefinitely
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    FJV said:
    I having the same issue after updating to 6.7.1 hangs indefinitely
    Hello @FJV

I am sorry about this issue with the program hanging. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken software? You can do so using the methods explained in the Support Articles linked here and here, respectively. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding your results after attempting this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • FJV
    FJV Member ✭✭
    Yes with your support department and didn't resolve it than they were looking into other thing and got disconnected
    called a second time and after trying other thing got disconnected again don't know what to do now.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    FJV said:
    Yes with your support department and didn't resolve it than they were looking into other thing and got disconnected
    called a second time and after trying other thing got disconnected again don't know what to do now.
    Hello @FJV

I apologize that the problem persists even after uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Thank you for reaching out again with your results after attempting this.

Are you able to enter the menu at all before the program freezes? If so, are you able to restore to a backup saved before this issue began? We recommend saving backups often by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done regularly, it should be able to restore from a recent backup by going to File > Restore a Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

If the program is crashing upon startup and you cannot reach these menu options, I recommend trying to uninstall the program again, and then deleting the Quicken folder from the Program Files (x86) location, then reinstalling the program. 

I hope this brings you more success, and I look forward to hearing your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.