Is anyone having any luck using Quickpay? I've tried ATT, Discover, Republic Services

I have tried these national companies plus several smaller companies. I am using Premier and when the bill shows up I see the option on the right button that says "quickpay" when I click on the button I get the following popup message. " Quicken Quickpay does not support payments to this biller at this time. Sign into the billers website to make a payment using your credit or debit card." Other billers I get a shorter message that says "Quick Pay payments not available for this biller."
I haven't been able to pay any of may bills to date. Am I doing something wrong or hasn't Quicken rolled this out but to a few companies?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob468736,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue when attempting to use QuickPay with your e-billers. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob468736
    Bob468736 Member ✭✭
    Here is a screen shot of what is happening. The text is exactly as stated in my original question. Hope this leads you to a solution for me. As previously stated I can't use quickpay to pay any common billers including the ones shown on the screen shot.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem. While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Bob468736
    Bob468736 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the advise. I am not waiting for this to get resolved before I pay my bills. I was just hoping that with all the talk from Quicken about how wonderful this feature is, that maybe it actually works but so far....... crickets.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bob468736,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bob468736
    Bob468736 Member ✭✭
    Okay went through that entire process (even though I was sure that wasn't the problem). It changed nothing. I'm still getting the same messages. I have tried major nationwide companies like Discover, Verizon, AT&T, Republic Services, as well a couple of more local companies. ALL give me the same message. Has quicken verified that quickpay works with any of these payees? This is very frustrating seems like am doing the trouble shooting for them..... At this point am will just use my banks Billpay option and not use quicken, until someone can tell me a real answer.
  • David Lafferty
    David Lafferty Member ✭✭
    Similar situation for me. I’m a long-time user and honestly similar problems seem to come up repeatedly. For me, the most problematic have been Amex and Chase credit cards, although now I also have a utility company failing too. It will work for a few months (just long enough to begin trusting it) and then fail. It usually just does not download the amount due and due date, but the current situation is that the QuickPay payment fails to process. Sometimes the biller just disappears from the list with no explanation. Support's generic "check again in 24-48 hours" advice is offensive at this point. Bottom line: You can't trust the bill payment function. If you don't manually keep track, you will be late and get charged fees. Keeping track manually is not what we're paying for.
This discussion has been closed.