Unable to open existing quicken file on a new mac

kepetersen
kepetersen Member
I wanted to switch my data over to my new mac, and I downloaded Quicken and tried to open the file. It is unable to open, asking me to check for updates. I am running the latest version of Quicken on both macs. On my old MacBook Pro 2019, it opens without an issue. On my new MacBook Air 2021, it gives me an error. It is the same file, so I am not sure why the file cannot be opened. I also tried to do a backup and restore the same results. I think it is an issue with Quicken and MacBook Air.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @kepetersen,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with not being able to open your Quicken file on your new device.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    To the best of my knowledge, there are no problems specific to a MacBook Air.

How did you move the data file from the old Mac to the new one? The safest way to do this is to compress the data file (in the Finder: File > Compress) into a .zip file. Move the .zip file to the other Mac, and then double-click to de-compress it back into a .quicken data file. But saving a backup, moving the backup file to the new Mac, and opening the backup file should also work.

What is the error message you are seeing? 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.