Citibank Download Error (-28) FDP-102

Susie
Susie Member ✭✭✭
There have been other reports on inability to download Citibank transactions.  Mine also started after Quicken recent update.  I am also getting a Download Error (-28) and Timeout error FDP-102.  This has been going on for a week and I would really appreciate some resolution by Quicken.  

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @Susie,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Douglas Alden
    Douglas Alden Member ✭✭✭
    It would be great if Quicken sent out an update when this was fixed. (Why isn't that SOP?)
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Douglas Alden,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to add to this discussion.

As mentioned in my previous response, any and all available information and updates regarding this issue will be posted in the Community Alert linked above. 

Community Alerts are updated as more information is received and available to share. If no further information has been received, then the Alerts are updated weekly to reiterate that the issue is still ongoing and being worked on. 

We have not received any additional information on this issue so far.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Beth J
    Beth J Member
    Following - also am not able to download from Citibank.
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    This issue has existed for one week.  Is anyone actually working to resolve it?
  • seqkn
    seqkn Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing this issue with the latest Quicken Mac version
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Susie @seqkn @Beth J This issue was acknowledged by Quicken in a post above. Anja from Quicken referred everyone to follow the Alert posted on this Citi issue here. The alert has been updated as recently as today to indicate it is still an ongoing issue. (They update all outstanding issues on a weekly basis, typically just to say that it is ongoing but not forgotten.) There is almost never any information provided about when such h an issue is expected to be resolved.

(Quicken contracts its connectivity service to Intuit, and some outages also involve the financial institution, so the people at Quicken often don't have up-to-the-minute reports on that's happening with any particular outage until they are notified by Intuit that the issue has been fixed.) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • higgz
    higgz Member ✭✭
    please post when error is resolved
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    higgz said:
    please post when error is resolved
    To get automatic notification of updates to the Alert posted on this Citi issue here please select the Alert discussion and click the little flag icon (aka Bookmark) in the title line of the Alert.
  • BryonC
    BryonC Member ✭✭
    The inability to download transactions from Citi is getting real annoying and the last update on the issue was 4 days ago. Any progress on getting this resolved?
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    This is sync error when trying to reconnectQuicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers.

Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.

• Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    So, is there going to be a WEEKLY update to this forum to let us know that there is no solution?  This is completely unacceptable.  We purchase this program to perform an important function in keeping track of financial accounts.  It's been 10 days since we have been able to do this.  Is there even someone working on this???
  • jacobs
    @Susie I understand your frustration. But the questions you are asking have been answered...

Susie said:
    So, is there going to be a WEEKLY update to this forum to let us know that there is no solution?  It's been 10 days since we have been able to do this.  Is there even someone working on this???
    The thread about this issue was updated earlier today: "ONGOING 6/6/22 Although our teams are working studiously at resolving this problem, we do not have an ETA for a solution at this time." So, yes, someone, somewhere, is working on this. 

Yes, the moderators post such updates weekly to let users know when an issue is still unresolved, and that it's not forgotten or considered fixed. 

Susie said:
    This is completely unacceptable.  We purchase this program to perform an important function in keeping track of financial accounts.
    As I explained previously, Quicken contracts its connectivity services to Intuit. Outages rarely involve the Quicken application itself, and are mostly caused by changes at a financial institution which Intuit needs to re-program its servers to work with. Sometimes, Intuit cannot fix an issue itself, and needs the cooperation of the financial institution. Whatever is going on behind the scenes, we as consumers — as well as the Quicken moderators on this forum — rarely get any insight into the specifics of what's wrong, what's being worked on, by whom, and when a complete fix is expected. It's not a great system, but Intuit keeping up with ever-occurring changes at 10,000+ financial institutions is messy and imperfect. Although there are some standard in place, because every financial institution chooses to implement their websites and servers differently, that lack of uniformity makes connectivity akin to whack-a-mole, where there are always problems somewhere being fixed or awaiting a fix. And Quicken has very little control over the situation. 
  • Steve Saltwick
    Steve Saltwick Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Having the same problem. [Removed - Language] that a major bank like Citibank is not connectable via Quicken. Don't care whose fault it is - Just fix it fast
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    I’m beyond frustrated
  • Steve Saltwick
    Steve Saltwick Member ✭✭
    Still not fixed. What is the problem with fixing this. Citibank is a major credit card processor. This should have high priority.
  • jacobs
    I understand being upset about this ongoing outage, but how do you know it’s not Citibank’s fault or Intuit waiting for Citibank to make a change/fix?
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    I think we have been very patient, but it’s now been over two weeks of being unable to download Citibank accounts.  I never complain, but this is unacceptable 
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    Has anyone called Quicken support and gotten their Citibank issue resolved?  Thanks
  • Carey5
    Carey5 Member
    I have a payment that has been "processing" for days from Citibank. I finally went onto the site and paid the bill manually so as to not get dinged with a late fee. When I go to delete the transaction it gives me an error and telling me that it is an illegal action. Does anyone know how to delete a quick pay that is stuck in this processing mode?
  • Steve Saltwick
    Steve Saltwick Member ✭✭
    Still getting time outs on Downloads from Citibank. I can get to the Citi website without a problem. This is a Quicken issue. Seems like this is a major problem. Was working for a few days. Now, timeout again.
  • Susie
    Susie Member ✭✭✭
    to today is three weeks of inability to connect to Citibank through Quicken.  These “outages” have never ever gone on so long.  I think we deserve an explanation of what the actual problem is.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Citi Credit Cards only: authorization problems or CC-502, FDP-102

You may need to allow Quicken access to your Citi credit card account at https://citi.com/datamanagement
    This may not work for Citi Checking, Savings accounts

• Steve Saltwick
    Steve Saltwick Member ✭✭
    Tried the data management thing and it did not work.But, I bet something like this is the source of the problem. Quicken still needs to fix this.
This discussion has been closed.