CIBC not downloading transactions

Woody21
Woody21 Member ✭✭
Works fine if I log into CIBC banking and download a quicken transaction file from there. However, as of June 1 2022, transactions no longer download using Express Web Connect. No error messages. Says it connects and processes data, but no transactions get downloaded

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Woody21,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with no transactions downloading from your CIBC accounts. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the CIBC account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Woody21
    Woody21 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jasmine, tried the above. When trying to add accounts online, Quicken picked up the accounts but got message "did not receive enough information to add the account". It then recognized the accounts as "unknown type" and under the Action column it states "Don't add to Quicken".

Thoughts?
  • Kalhel
    Kalhel Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing the exact same thing.
  • Kalhel
    Kalhel Member ✭✭
    > @Woody21 said:
    > Hi Jasmine, tried the above. When trying to add accounts online, Quicken picked up the accounts but got message "did not receive enough information to add the account". It then recognized the accounts as "unknown type" and under the Action column it states "Don't add to Quicken".
    >
    > Thoughts?

@Woody21 I am getting the same thing. I even recreated a brand new file, downloaded the transactions through a file thinking my file was corrupt. The only account it actually sees is my CIBC Visa, but i get the same messages as you for all other account.
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    I too have the same issue, reported it to support tech, has been logged as an issue connecting to CIBC, thought it was fixed as I was able to connect 3 of my 4 accounts with CIBC today, 4th account not able to connect, error CC-502 still persists, this was reported early last week, would have hoped and expected it would be resolved by now.
  • SternSteve
    SternSteve Member ✭✭
    PLease correct me if I'm wrong, I believe this started when CIBC started the 2 step verification process.
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    not sure if it is related to the 2 step verification, possibly though, I do have a credit union connection that uses 2 step verification that I can connect to successfully. [Removed - 3rd-Party Mention] I am finding it is unreliable with connecting and downloading transactions. All these web base apps do not have any issues connecting to CIBC with the 2 step verification. Could be these apps use a different connection method than does Quicken though. Would hope Quicken is able to resolve this issues before losing customers.
  • Arvy
    Arvy Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The problem is not unique to Quicken. Don't know about "all these web based apps", but [Removed - 3rd-Party Software] has a similar problem updating CIBC transactions. The CIBC connection requires verification input each time and it still doesn't update [Removed - 3rd-Party Software]'s transactions list, although it does seem to update its CIBC account current total okay. Been that way for a three days now.
  • Arvy
    Arvy Member ✭✭
    P.S.: Downloading and importing a .QFX file from CIBC still works okay with Quicken Canada version R33.7 which is what I've been holding on to for a while longer despite the R40.x "upgrade" reminders.
  • Woody21
    Woody21 Member ✭✭
    It does appear the problem started when CIBC introduced 2FA... MHO. Until this gets resolved I'll keep logging into CIBC and download/import .QFX file for each account which is a real hassle. Hopefully Quicken/CIBC will work together to fix the problem soon!
  • Woody21
    Woody21 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    [Removed - Solicitation]
  • Woody21
    Woody21 Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, any updates?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.