Account Online Services Changes, Quicken Wants To Make New Account

My credit union (ffnmdotorg) upgraded online systems and Online Services for that account changed. I went to Account Details->Online Services and Deactivated, then walked through Set Up Now.
I chose my CU from the dialog, and when it connected Q wanted to make a *new* account. The option to link to an existing account was not available.
Is there a way I can get them to link?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @T Gondesen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

If you haven't already, could you please try reactivating through Add Account instead (not through Set Up Now)?

To reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once your account(s) have been found, see if it will now give you the option to link them to the existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• T Gondesen
    T Gondesen Member ✭✭
    Trying your idea now, Quicken Anja. Version R33.24 Tks.
  • T Gondesen
    T Gondesen Member ✭✭
    The issue is likely to be on the CU side. New Account takes the info but only lets me make a new account where I have to enter the Opening Balance. Q not ask me for the CU login/password, indicating the CU did not answer the phone.
    I will continue trying and update what I find out. Thanks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @T Gondesen

Thanks for the update and letting us know how how it went. In your case I would also recommend contacting Quicken Support and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will also let us try any additional troubleshooting steps to see if we're able to find a way to get the account to link properly. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• T Gondesen
    T Gondesen Member ✭✭
    The CU says everything is fine and tells me to just update my password. Nope. I created a new Quicken file and ran the steps to connect. It still does not prompt me for user/password. Thanks, I'll call Support.
  • T Gondesen
    T Gondesen Member ✭✭
    The CU said the new 'resolution' is an export/import of the data from their site into Quicken. The CU then told me this is their permanent solution.
    Hey, Quicken, the CU still showing as an option in Add Accounts. Who removes it?
  • cinkriz
    cinkriz Member
    I have just recently started having this issue. I had to deactivate a CU account and upon trying to 'setup online' it is only giving me the option to create a new account. No 'link to existing account' like in the past. My quicken is up to date. Is there a work around?
  • T Gondesen
    T Gondesen Member ✭✭
    In my case, it was that the CU had stopped offering Q downloads. I suggest starting with them.
  • cinkriz
    cinkriz Member
    ok thank you
This discussion has been closed.