Capital One 360 Account Downloads

mvitulli
mvitulli Member ✭✭
:# I am on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.7 and using Quicken Version 6.7.0 (Build 607.44072.100). I haven't been able to download transactions into my Capital One 360 Money Market Account for months. I get Institution Login Sync Error (Error code: BID = 1236). I tried everything in Discussion Boards including deactivating downloads and reactivating the account and hiding the account and creating a new account with download capabilities. Nothing worked. This problem has persisted for far too long. Please advise

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @mvitulli

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error.

Can I please have you both open a new file and try to add ONLY your Capital One 360 accounts there? Below are instructions on how to create a test file. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

1. Got to File.
    2. Click on New.
    3. Select Start from scratch and then click Next.
    4. Click Next again.
    5. Add the Capital One 360 account.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    What is the purpose of having the Capital One 360 account in a file that contains nothing else?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited May 2022
    Hello @mvitulli,

To clarify, adding the Capital One 360 account(s) within the test file allows us to isolate the error and choose the best route to resolve the issue within your active data file. 

I hope this clears things up. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    OK Thanks.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @mvitulli,

You are welcome, please update me on how the test file goes!

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• prbsparx
    prbsparx Member ✭✭
    Hey Quicken Jasmine, I'm running macOS Monterey 12.3, and also see this issue but with a Capital One 360 savings account.

I've seen the response of create a new file and add it there, or create a new account, etc. but that loses all the historic data.
    I've submitted logs via the "Report a Problem" associated with my account.
    I included #bid1236 in the description to hopefully make it easier to find.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    prbsparx said:
    I've seen the response of create a new file and add it there, or create a new account, etc. but that loses all the historic data.
    The reason the moderators ask people to create a new file is to test to see if the problem occurs in a new, blank file or not. If the problem recurs, it shows it's not a problem with your current data file; it often means either Quicken needs to escalate the issue to their service provider (Intuit) or the customer needs to contact the financial institution. If the problem disappears with a new file, then it points to a problem with your current file; solutions typically involve logging out and back in and/or disconnecting accounts and reconnecting them. In any case, the new file is a diagnostic tool, not a suggestion to abandon your history and start over. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    As I have reported before we have the same problem with Capital One. We are on a Mac running Catalina 10.15.7. We have given up trying to download transactions. It seems to be a no brainer that Quicken needs to escalate the issue. It has never really been solved to our satisfaction.
This discussion has been closed.