Remove from One Step Update

Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
Win 11
Quicken Deluxe   R41.10  27.1.41.10

I'm trying to remove an account from One Step Update. I uncheck the account and apply, but when I rerun the Update, it still tries to update that account.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    Tried both of those suggested. Neither found any errors.
    Even though this bank is not checked, when I run a one-step update, it shows the bank with an error code of OL-332-A even though it was not listed in the update.
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Spotteddog,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with One Step Update.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Even though this bank is not checked, when I run a one-step update, it shows the bank with an error code of OL-332-A even though it was not listed in the update.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Spotteddog

Thank you for providing more information. I would like to attempt to resolve the OL-332-A error that you are receiving to see if that may resolve the other issue that you are experiencing as well with One Step Update. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-332-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 Answer ✓
    The last online session information is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken, rename the runtime.dat file, open Quicken, examine the One Step Update Summary to confirm you have renamed the appropriate runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock,

That seems to have fixed this problem.

Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one other possibility ...
    In the One Step Update Summary dialog there's a checkbox at the bottom, "Show just the last update".
    If this box isn't checked, old unresolved error messages from prior OSU runs will continue to show.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR,
    Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I have many more problems. Sherlock's suggestion seems to be working fine.