Error code: BID = 4294

wsp5656
wsp5656 Member ✭✭
How do I correct this error code? I disconnected the original account, add it back in the new account process, and it still gives me this code. This if for Ascend Federal Credit Union.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    wsp5656 said:
    How do I correct this error code? I disconnected the original account, add it back in the new account process, and it still gives me this code. This if for Ascend Federal Credit Union.
    Hello @wsp5656

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the BID error message. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, are you currently making use of any firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), antivirus software, or pop-up blockers? If so, it may be necessary to remove these items in order to troubleshoot this issue, as they can occasionally cause connectivity problems that result in BID error messages like the one you are describing.

Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show "(Data File name will be listed here)" in Finder in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I hope to hear back from you about this, and I intend to continue working with you on this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wsp5656
    wsp5656 Member ✭✭
    No firewall, VPN is being used. It worked fine up until yesterday. I have not made any network changes. Last backup shows June 19th.
  • wsp5656
    wsp5656 Member ✭✭
    > @wsp5656 said:
    > No firewall, VPN is being used. It worked fine up until yesterday. I have not made any network changes. Last backup shows June 19th.

*VPN is not being used
  • Quicken Jared
    wsp5656 said:
    No firewall, VPN is being used. It worked fine up until yesterday. I have not made any network changes. Last backup shows June 19th.
    Hello @wsp5656

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly about this. I am sorry that this issue's origin remains somewhat unclear, for the moment. 

Make sure that your current active data file is located on your computer using the File > Show "(Data File name will be listed here)" in Finder menu option mentioned previously. Next, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions listed below, in order:

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, then click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location then click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, then click Next 

You may then add your Ascend Federal Credit Union accounts, exclusively, in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file.

I hope to hear back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wsp5656
    wsp5656 Member ✭✭
    Jared,

Followed the steps above and now I get this -
  • Quicken Jared
    edited June 2022
    wsp5656 said:
    Jared,

Followed the steps above and now I get this -
    Hello @wsp5656,    

I am sorry to hear about this new error message. Thank you for providing that helpful screenshot, and for continuing to work with me on this.

First, save a backup, then try running through the steps below, in order:
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts.
    2. In the List column, find the account(s) causing the error and uncheck any accounts with this bank (be sure to uncheck all accounts with the bank, even if they're not showing an error). NOTE: If you don't have any accounts checked in the List column, skip this step and click OK.
    3. In the Account View, highlight each account (one at a time) and click the Settings button on the bottom right of screen.
    4. In the Downloads tab, click on Disconnect Account.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to deactivate each account for the affected bank.

Step 2: Reactivate and link the account(s)

1. Navigate to Accounts > New and select the appropriate account type (select Checking if there's more than 1 account type).
    2. At the bottom of the window that lists the banks, click the My bank is not listed question mark to update the bank list; when the list finishes updating, it should display the current date. Click the Show List button to continue.
    3. Type the name of your bank and select it from the list, then enter your login credentials and click Continue.
    4. Quicken will display a list of all accounts you have with this bank. Carefully link each of these accounts to the appropriate account you've set up in Quicken.

NOTE: this process will download up to 90 days of transactions from your bank. If you find duplicate transactions in your account(s), you can delete these transactions from the account register.

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wsp5656
    wsp5656 Member ✭✭
    After following the steps above I still get this error. I do know that my bank recently went through an upgrade of some sorts. Maybe a new connection from Quicken is needed?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wsp5656,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue as well as following the troubleshooting attempts previously suggested by @Quicken Jared, though I apologize that you continue to experience these errors.

Since you are experiencing errors in both your original file as well as the test file, at this point, we advise that you please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files. They may be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.