Don't like "automatic" updates to Quicken software

TCL Peter Rabbit
TCL Peter Rabbit Member ✭✭
Quicken for Windows now automatically updates the software without asking permission or even warning you that's what it is doing. Would like an option to postpone until exiting Quicken so i can do my work first. Does anyone agree?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @TCL Peter Rabbit,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

While there isn't a way to stop an update that is already in the process of being installed, you do have the ability to prevent an update from being installed automatically first by changing your Windows User Account Control Settings (see below) so you are notified when an app tries to install an update and you will need to give authorization first before the install process starts.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja - While changing UAC works, it does not allow app specific settings. I also think Quicken should not update without prompting first. This has saved me countless times in the past, especially with the fiasco called the Schwab Transition.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the instances that Quicken Inc feels that they know better than their users and doesn't care what they think about if you should be asked to update at start up or not.  This have been talked about for years and they have never budged on it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    I caved and turned on UAC. I don't like having to do that. 

I will no longer do ANY updates of Quicken until I see a bunch of positive comments on it in the community. I have learned that lesson VERY HARD!

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

This discussion has been closed.