Chase bills no longer available in Bill Manager

Clear as mud. Working with Quicken representative we tried to change my Chase accounts from direct connect to express web connect. It would not allow the change to go through as it said this account is already connected thru direct connect. Quicken told me to call bank and get password. Called Chase and got to the area that handled Quicken. They had no idea what I was talking about. Chase said my account is already registered as direct connect and don't need a new password. I read part of the Quicken release that described the issue. Chase said they have no idea what that is abuot and they have not received any internal releases about this issue. So, I am now unable to pay bills through Quicken and, I guess, must change banks in order to use bill pay

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Joshchas said:
    Clear as mud. Working with Quicken representative we tried to change my Chase accounts from direct connect to express web connect. It would not allow the change to go through as it said this account is already connected thru direct connect. Quicken told me to call bank and get password. Called Chase and got to the area that handled Quicken. They had no idea what I was talking about. Chase said my account is already registered as direct connect and don't need a new password. I read part of the Quicken release that described the issue. Chase said they have no idea what that is abuot and they have not received any internal releases about this issue. So, I am now unable to pay bills through Quicken and, I guess, must change banks in order to use bill pay
    Hello @Joshchas

I am sorry for the frustration caused by this issue with bill manager and subsequently, with connection methods. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

It appears there was some confusion in the previous conversation with Quicken Support, so if you are willing and able to provide a ticket number from your interaction, we would like to investigate this interaction and review it further.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    R41.19 was about migrating online bills obtained from Chase to manual bills as Chase planned to block the third-party online bill aggregation service used by Quicken at the end of June.  If you have been using Quick Pay to pay these bills, you will need to find another method to pay these bills.

This should have no impact on Chase's support for Direct Connect connection method and bank bill pay.  Chase is now planning to drop their support of the Direct Connect connection method and bank bill pay at the end of September.  I suggest you plan accordingly.

If you haven't already, you may ant to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915458/r41-19-release-notes-preparing-for-chase-bank-bill-payment-changes/p1
  • Joshchas
    Joshchas Member ✭✭
    Jared:
    I have never used Bill Manager. Never tracked online billers for automatic bill retrieval. Rather, I use Quicken for ONLY two functions. FIRST, I receive all my bills by mail, I bring up the Quicken Check(I don't know what you call this), bring up payee list, select payee, enter dollar amount into the check and send via Chase. SECOND, I go to the web site of each of my credit card issuers, download the montly statement from credit card issuer into Quicken. THAT'S IT. So now I am unable to use Quicken to pay a bill as I get a 301 error. Latest ticket is 9578492. Rep was extremely easy to work with. Bottom line is she told me we have to wait for Chase to fix the issue and I am not able to use Quicken checks until Chase fixes the issue. Is this correct? Is there a work around? If so, please send me "key strokes"
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There have been other reports that paying bills through Chase (Direct Connect) has been failing.  Even though I use Chase with Direct Connect, I don't pay bills through it, so I haven't seen the problem, normal downloading of transactions hasn't been affected.

But even if Chase fixes the bill pay problem, this is going to be short lived, and you should plan for it.
    The current timeline for dropping Direct Connect (which is required to pay through Quicken the way you are doing now) is the end of September.

After that time, your choices will be:
    1. Use Chase's website for scheduling payments and put in reminders/manual entries to track them.
    2. What I do is make all my payments automatic from the biller's side and whenever possible pay from my credit card (which gives cash back).  This means almost all of the "cash flow" is really just my payment to the credit card which I have about 20 days in advance that it is coming.  For a couple of utilities, I do an automatic payment from my checking account.
    3. Use Quicken Bill Pay.  Personally, I would never use it, it is too unreliable.
    4. Switch to another financial institution that supports paying bills like you are currently doing.  See this thread: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915857/banks-that-offer-free-direct-connect
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.