Paypal Transition

Sharon Adams
Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
My Quicken changed my Paypal account name to ZZZ-Paypal Old. Then I got a message to reauthorize Paypal. When I did, Quicken created a new account called Paypal. The new account downloaded all my old transations, and is now updating when I do the One Step Update. However, all my documents and categorization, etc. that were done on my old account did not get transitioned to the new account. I now have 2 accounts for Paypal. This causes my total $$ amount in Quicken to be inaccurate, and I do not want to have to copy all my transaction information to the new account. Is there any way to merge the 2 accounts? Additionally, sometimes One Step Update updates the old account, but today it updated the new one.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?
  • Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the response. My problem is my original Paypal account goes back to 2012. I know I can move the transactions to the new account, but this is a LOT of transactions. This is extremely labor intensive.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Sharon Adams,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Paypal accounts. 

I suggest deleting the new account and then reconnecting using the add account function, then you will choose the option to link to existing. You will still have some cleanup that you will need to perform, however, this is the easiest option compared to the others. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I will try this.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Sharon Adams,

Please let me know how this goes!

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Thank you for the response. My problem is my original Paypal account goes back to 2012. I know I can move the transactions to the new account, but this is a LOT of transactions. This is extremely labor intensive.
    It is not labor intensive.  It is the same effort whether your moving 10 or 10 thousand transactions.  I suggest you review the FAQ again.
  • Sharon Adams
    Sharon Adams Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, your solution worked perfectly! All fixed. Thank you so much for your help.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Sharon Adams,

Thank you for coming back to update us! 

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution, you are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.