Digital Federal Credit Union Issues (QMAC)

Steve007
Steve007 Member ✭✭
I've been having no problems using my Quicken checkbook with my bank (Digital Federal Credit Union) since they updated there webpage data working with third party apps the last couple months. But the last few days I cannot login in to the bank using my Quicken checkbook. I keep getting this error "Unsupported multi-factor authentication protocol". I don't see anyone else reporting this problem. Any insight into why this is happening?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello again, 

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates. Note that while the error reported in the alert may be different from the errors you are seeing, however, they are related as we are seeing internal script errors.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I also started getting it today. Hoping it's a temporary glitch. Tried reactivating but made me put in my password to login then login failed. Hit cancel and now account in quicken does not show a connection for online service. [Removed - Profanity]
  • ishiver
    ishiver Member ✭✭
    Yes I too started getting this error this week and was looking today to see if there was a thread on it. I've submitted an error report to Quicken 2 days ago as well.
  • Colin B
    Colin B Member ✭✭
    Starting yesterday, all of my DCU accounts are failing to sync (Version 6.8.1 (Build 608.44845.100) and macOS 12.4). The error is:

Download Error (-28)
    UNSUPPORTED_MFA_PROTOCOL: FDP-192

Any ideas on how to fix?
  • VAUser 222
    VAUser 222 Member ✭✭
    Suddenly receiving an error and cannot download from one institution - DCU. Here's the error I started receiving on Saturday, 9 July:
    Download Error (-28)
    UNSUPPORTED_MFA_PROTOCOL-FDP-192:Insupported multi-factor authentication protocol

Assistance appreciated, thanks!
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• Colin B
    Colin B Member ✭✭
    I have reported via Help > Report a problem and attached screenshot and log files.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello again, 

This issue has been escalated internally and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates. Note that while the error reported in the alert may be different from the errors you are seeing, however, they are related as we are seeing internal script errors.

-Quicken Anja

• BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭✭
    I just started getting the following error today when connect to DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union):

"Unsupported multi-factor authentication protocol
    Unfortunately, the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) set on your account is not currently supported. Please
    check with your financial institution if there is a secure alternative to this type of MFA"
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2022
    [EDIT: Separate threads about this problem have now been merged.]
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭✭
    My MFA is a text message.
  • librasophia
    librasophia Member ✭✭
    I started having the same issue yesterday with all of my DCU accounts. I filled out an error report with the following information, plus a screenshot.

Starting yesterday, July 11, 2022, I have not been able to sync my 6 accounts through DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union.) I am using Quick for Mac, Version 6.8.1 (Build 608.44845.100), MacOS 12.4. When I try to both sync my accounts and re-connect an account, I get the error AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (UNSUPPORTED_MFA_PROTOCOL:FDP-192):Unsupported multi-factor authentication protocol. I called DCU and they have changed nothing in their systems to warrant this change.
  • Guardia
    Guardia Member
    I am also seeing the same error reported above. I will bookmark your update page.
  • SEck
    SEck Member
    I started seeing this same multi-factor authentication error with DCU starting yesterday, 7/12/22. I spoke with DCU and they pointed me back to Quicken support.
  • BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭✭
    This is now working for me.
  • librasophia
    librasophia Member ✭✭
    This is now working for me as well!
  • Steve007
    Steve007 Member ✭✭
    I just checked and it is working ok again for now!
  • ishiver
    ishiver Member ✭✭
    As of today, July 14, 2022, I disconnected all of my accounts and reconnected to Digital Federal Credit Union old from the Quicken dropdown menu for financial institutuions (this also connects to dcu.org but did not work when DCU first upgraded its systems). Today, it relinked my accounts and downloaded my transactions. Would be great to know what caused the disruption and whether it is with DCU's new system or with Quicken changes. I've personally grown tired and frustrated over the integration between Quicken and this financial institution. I just want the product to work when I log in....plain and simple.
  • Colin B
    Colin B Member ✭✭
    Starting working again for me, too. Didn't change a thing!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    ishiver said:
    Would be great to know what caused the disruption and whether it is with DCU's new system or with Quicken changes. I've personally grown tired and frustrated over the integration between Quicken and this financial institution. I just want the product to work when I log in....plain and simple.
    We almost never hear why there was a problem, or what it took to fix it. In many cases, the folks at Quicken may not even know, since the connectivity issues are contracted out to Intuit.

In general, most connectivity problems are not caused by an update to Quicken, but by a change at a financial institution. If a financial institution makes changes, large or small, it can often break Quicken's (Intuit's) connectivity. Financial institutions can try to make things go smoothly by communicating with Intuit in advance of upcoming changes, documenting what will change, and even providing a staging server environment for testing. But most of the time, that doesn't happen. Consider that for any financial institution, the percentage of their customers who use Quicken is probably quite small, so the financial institution's IT staff probably has Quicken connectivity near the bottom of their priority list — if they even remember it. ;)

In this case, it sounds like the credit union changed their back-end systems, so there's almost no doubt that's what broke the connectivity with Quicken. When that happens, Intuit first needs to be notified that things aren't working, and then they need to investigate the cause; in some cases, they can program a fix themselves, while in other cases, they need to communicate with the financial institution or work with the financial institution on changes at both ends. We, as end-users, never get any details about any of that process. One day, things just suddenly start working again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • spulsipher
    spulsipher Member
    My DCU accounts are now receiving a BID = 69345 error code, saying that "we had a problem syncing this institution login" I updated accounts about a week ago after I also experienced the first connection issue that others raised, but this is a new one. I've tried deleting and re-adding the connection, but same error for all of my DCU accounts.
This discussion has been closed.