PNC will no longer connect (QMAC)

13

Answers

  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    There was an error rendering this rich post.> @Ttaylortess said:
    > Just chatted with both quicken and pnc. Basically pnc is shutting it off during normal hours because they can’t handle the traffic generated by quicken users. They are working on it. Oh, and only got a month added onto my quicken subscription.

    Does that mean download will work at other times (e.g., after 5 PM PST)? Has anyone here tried this? Not ideal, but better than no functionality at all.
  • Alec Dann
    Alec Dann Member
    Quicken has posted a service outage notice (see https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917478/new-8-8-22-pnc-bank-web-connect-cc-505-105#latest) but it hasn't been updated since Aug 8. Given the number of users involved, seems like an update would be appropriate.
  • feobrien
    feobrien Member ✭✭
    > @QknF said:
    > There was an error rendering this rich post.> @Ttaylortess said:
    > > Just chatted with both quicken and pnc. Basically pnc is shutting it off during normal hours because they can’t handle the traffic generated by quicken users. They are working on it. Oh, and only got a month added onto my quicken subscription.
    >
    > Does that mean download will work at other times (e.g., after 5 PM PST)? Has anyone here tried this? Not ideal, but better than no functionality at all.

    "... they can’t handle the traffic generated by quicken users." That certainly is an indicator of how many unhappy Quicken/PNC customers there are right now. If so, this should be their highest priority. Come-on it is 2022 and PNC servers can't handle the demand of their customers. Just think about it, kind of scary.
  • geeforce55
    geeforce55 Member
    It doesn't matter what time I try to update I still get a CC-505 error.
  • Ttaylortess
    Ttaylortess Member ✭✭
    @QknF that is exactly what I told them. I said that both of them need to send out a blast email explaining what the problem is to it’s customers and that they should credit everyone’s quicken account. Because we are paying for a service that we can not use. Also told them that if they can’t handle quickens traffic maybe we all need to find a bank that can.
  • Ttaylortess
    Ttaylortess Member ✭✭
    Here’s some of the convo guys:
    Hello Teresa, I am sorry we are having issues with connecting to quicken.

    Due to high volume, third-party aggregators for Online Banking and Mobile Banking are currently turned off. We are working to improve the connection. It will be blocked between 4am to 5pm EST and turned on daily from the hours of 10pm to 4am EST.

    Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try later this evening when it is turned back on.


    While PNC encourages customers to always use caution before providing account information to third-parties, we understand that connecting to third-party financial apps may be important to you. Many third-party financial apps have support steps on their websites, including to manually link an account. For additional help with linking your account manually to those apps, please reach out to the app directly.

    As explained above We are working to improve the connection. It will be blocked between 4am to 5pm EST and turned on daily from the hours of 10pm to 4am EST.

    So you can still connect to quicken just during the hours I provide above as we work to improve our Third-Party Aggregators.

    So I said : well then it looks to me as if PNC is not up to par. And maybe we all need to move our money elsewhere.
  • teryg
    teryg Member ✭✭
    Someone posted the quote below in a Windows thread about this. I'm in EST and this matches what's been happening to me. Doesn't work doesn't work doesn't work so I try right before bedtime and it works then. But does not work the following morning.

    This is what I got from PNC Chat just now:
    "It is my pleasure to help! You should be able to link the account(s) with Quicken between the hours of 10 pm and 4 am EST."
    I asked, "but what I'm asking is that I am sleeping those hours. So will I be able to do it tomorrow when I wake at 6 am EST."
    He said, "At this time, you cannot. This service is only activated during these hours and then decommissioned. We are working to have it available all day."
  • Arius1
    Arius1 Member ✭✭
    Quicken can you actually give us a real update with an actual ETA. It's now the end of the week and we have no updates your bulletin you posted doesn't even have updates. This is getting to be a bit ridiculous.
  • Steeler Country
    Steeler Country Member ✭✭
    Thank you for that feedback....will check if the transactions can be downloaded after this period....in my case it would be 8am thru 8pm EST....fortunately I am an early riser
  • accesstech
    accesstech Member
    edited August 12
    Don't waste your time blaming Quicken. This has to be a PNC Bank problem because it also does not update [Removed - 3rd-Party Softwares]. Seems like after nearly :s 2 weeks PNC has no interest in fixing this. This has to be one of the worst banks that I know of.
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    > @Ttaylortess said:
    >
    > Due to high volume, third-party aggregators for Online Banking and Mobile Banking are currently turned off. We are working to improve the connection. It will be blocked between 4am to 5pm EST and turned on daily from the hours of 10pm to 4am EST.
    >
    > Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try later this evening when it is turned back on.

    So it's blocked from 4 AM to 5 PM and on from 10 PM to 4 AM. What about 5 PM to 10 PM? I assume it's blocked then, as well, but it shows how crazy this is.
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    > @Fleegle61 said:
    > Well....I tried it tonight at 10:05PM EDT and it actually worked. Web Connect worked and I was able to update my 2 cards and my HELOC. Direct connect has always worked for me. So I guess there is some truth that the 10pm window is true!

    Yes, same here, though I had to re-establish the connection to get it to work. I still don't understand what happens in the 5 PM to 10 PM interval, but this is better than nothing. At least, since I'm in the central time zone, I don't have to be up too late to do this, but I still don't see why PNC can't do better.
  • RandyMarsh
    RandyMarsh Member ✭✭
    > @Fleegle61 said:
    > Well....I tried it tonight at 10:05PM EDT and it actually worked. Web Connect worked and I was able to update my 2 cards and my HELOC. Direct connect has always worked for me. So I guess there is some truth that the 10pm window is true!

    Same here, I tried after 10pm and it worked for me as well. I had to reset all of my connections and then it worked.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    edited August 13
    I just tried it around 11pm eastern time. It's a bit of a pain in the neck having to reset the account log-in. But it did work!
  • RandyMarsh
    RandyMarsh Member ✭✭
    I tried it at 8:30am EST just to see if it would work and getting the error message again that the site is unavailable. So looks like I will be updating after 10am EST to get updates until this is resolved.
  • Steeler Country
    Steeler Country Member ✭✭
    they have now changed the down times between 7am and 8pm......EST
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Mary Goenner As all the comments above indicate, the problem is strictly at the PNC end, s your frustration should be directed at them rather than Quicken. And, from the report above, it is now working as long as you reset your account login and download in the nighttime/overnight time window PNC is allowing.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Steeler Country
    Steeler Country Member ✭✭
    Agree. As a long time user of Quicken they have been a disappointment.
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    > @Steeler Country said:
    > they have now changed the down times between 7am and 8pm......EST

    Is this based on the times that are now shown when you try to connect when the service isn't available? I can make do with this limitation temporarily, though having to reset the connection is inefficient.

    As has been pointed out, this was a deliberate decision by PNC. It's not Quicken's fault, though their messaging could have been better.

    I just completed a survey for PNC. Quicken compatibility was listed as a feature. I pointed out that with the new restrictions, they aren't fully compatible and said how displeased I am. If any of you get the same survey, I encourage you to do the same.
  • Steeler Country
    Steeler Country Member ✭✭
    My understanding is there is no connection to PNC between the hours of 7am and 8pm EST. I will check it out tonight after 8pm. If necessary I can live with this restriction but both PNC and Quicken could have provided more info to the users. I had not realized how many of us are PNC- Quicken users. I still believe PNC should do something about removing this limitation in the near future.
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    it's 8:10 eastern and still getting error. So annoying!
  • Fleegle61
    Fleegle61 Member ✭✭
    > @jasonpbyu said:
    > it's 8:10 eastern and still getting error. So annoying!

    You need to wait till 10PM EDT before you can get in.
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    > @Fleegle61 said:
    > > @jasonpbyu said:
    > > it's 8:10 eastern and still getting error. So annoying!
    >
    > You need to wait till 10PM EDT before you can get in.

    i'll try again. someone above said after 8pm now that the hours had changed.
  • Jfletch58
    Jfletch58 Member ✭✭
    everyone says 10pm yet your understanding is 8pm, > @"Steeler Country" said:
    > My understanding is there is no connection to PNC between the hours of 7am and 8pm EST. I will check it out tonight after 8pm. If necessary I can live with this restriction but both PNC and Quicken could have provided more info to the users. I had not realized how many of us are PNC- Quicken users. I still believe PNC should do something about removing this limitation in the near future.

    Where did you get 8pm ? It's 10pm
  • QknF
    QknF Member ✭✭
    > > > @jasonpbyu said:
    > > > it's 8:10 eastern and still getting error. So annoying!
    > >
    > > You need to wait till 10PM EDT before you can get in.
    >
    > i'll try again. someone above said after 8pm now that the hours had changed.

    What did the error message say? It might show the hours PNC is now blocking downloads.
  • Steeler Country
    Steeler Country Member ✭✭
    the error message from PNC said 8pm EST. Obviously that was incorrect....I will try 10pm.
  • David Green
    David Green Member ✭✭✭
    I was able to complete an update at 10:05 EDT.  I did not have to do anything except run the update.  
    Quicken for Windows Premiere
    Always the latest version
  • jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    alright so I had been downloading manually and had to reset to get web connect, it had to text me a code and then it worked. downloaded a bunch of duplicates which is really annoying. but i guess for now we sync at night until PNC gets their act together.
  • HWGuthrie
    HWGuthrie Member ✭✭
    Just ran successfully at 6:05a EDT Sunday morning. Didn't have to change anything.
  • Ron Czapala
    Ron Czapala Member ✭✭✭
    Worked for me Sunday :)
This discussion has been closed.