NYSaves (529 account)

Options
fujidust
fujidust Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Hello, for whatever reason Quicken isn't able to connect to the NY Saves site to download account info. Every other aggregator service I've tried can connect to these except for Quicken. It doesn't work via normal means (setting up the account with username and password) and it doesn't work when you generate special Aggregator username and password, as offered as an option on the NYsaves site. It appears as though Quicken is trying to access the info through NYsaves' main site & possibly struggling with 2FA. And there's not option to connect through the aggregator portal - which does work outside of Quicken. So the question is, does anyone know a way around this OR, is there a way to point Quicken to the correct URL?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @fujidust,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the NYSaves account(s) to see if the same issues occur. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• fujidust
    fujidust Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion but that did not work. Signing in with standard account credentials returns a message that the username/password is incorrect (it is not incorrect), and using the special Aggregator set of credentials results in a message that the app cannot connect to Quicken servers at this time (CC-501). I've tried this for days, at many different times. There's something else going on here.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hello @fujidust

Thank you for attempting the test file.

As stated in this support article regarding error CC-501, if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to further investigate the issue and will then likely be required to file an escalation in order to have it successfully resolved.

I do apologize for being unable to resolve this issue from here in the Community.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.