Quicken suggests adding an online bill; when added, it is added as check pay only

Chase banking/Chase Credit card. They are linked at Chase and in Quicken. If I try to add the credit card as an online bill, Quicken recognizes the account but when I click add the bill it only comes in as check pay with no online pay option as I get with other credit cards (except Capital One which refuses to work at all). My accounts are linked, I want to pay on my credit card now not wait ten days for check pay to clear. I've repeated this numerous times over a month's time span. Starting from zero and adding or following Quicken prompts to add. Same result. Check pay is my only option. This is the one card that needs to work as online pay.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Gary,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community, though I apologize for the trouble.

Part of the recent Chase migration changes occurring is that Chase Online Biller will no longer be supported and no longer work with Quick Pay, leaving Check Pay as the only option moving forward.

For more information about this please refer to this Community Announcement and this support article.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommend you pay your Chase credit card bill "the old-fashioned way", by accessing the bank's website and authorizing Chase to direct debit, Autopay, whatever they call it, this and all future monthly bills directly from your checking account. That bypasses any and all intermediate processes which could go wrong. Let Chase do the work for you to collect the money.
    In Quicken use a regular scheduled reminder (or unlink the existing one) and enter the transaction as soon as you receive the statement and know the final amount and due date.
    I've been doing it that way for years and never missed a payment.
  • Gary
    Gary Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I wish I could say that makes sense. I've read those announcements but they do not mention this issue at all. The announcement talks about using a new connection method to download to Quicken to follow Chase accounts, which I now use so I'm seeing Chase checking, savings, and cc updates every time I do an online update (daily). There is nothing in the announcement about not being able to use Chase online bill pay for Chase credit cards -- their own cards, get the wonder/irony in my comment? I can online pay other accounts from Chase, just not Chase accounts. Ouch. What if I wanted to online pay my Chase CC using my second authorized bank? How do I set that up? I don't apparently. One more step towards just using Chase's online pay feature to pay all my bills instead of using Quicken. Another plus is that Chase's built-in check pay system clears checks much faster than Quicken's check pay so I don't need as much lead time to send payments. Nail. Coffin. Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.