My Future Payments are being listed as 7 days earlier than the actual date I have scheduled

Options
mail4dcm
mail4dcm Member ✭✭
All my payments that are scheduled in Oct have 7 days subtracted from the actual date showing on the bank website?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mail4dcm,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your scheduled payments. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are these scheduled payments using Quick Pay, Check Pay, or Bank Bill Pay (Direct Connect)?

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bank Bill Pay
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With Bank Bill Pay some banks will download the date with the day they will begin processing the payment even though it shows the due date is later.  If the payment will be a mailed check, the processing date can be as much as 5-7 days prior to the due date to allow for mail transit time.
    If you click on the lightning bolt in the check column for that transaction it should show when the payment due date is as well as the date when they will begin processing the payment.  Does that correlate with the transaction date that was entered?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭
    Options
    It appears that it is treating all payments as a check for some reason
  • mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, it may have been a temporary thing, I went in and deleted one of the payments from Bill Pay and Quicken shut Quicken down and then restarted and setup the payment once more and it downloaded with all the proper information and dates. No idea what caused the error before, I noted it because all my Oct 3 payments were listed as 26 Sept (I changed those manually)
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mail4dcm,

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    mail4dcm said:
    Well, it may have been a temporary thing, I went in and deleted one of the payments from Bill Pay and Quicken shut Quicken down and then restarted and setup the payment once more and it downloaded with all the proper information and dates. No idea what caused the error before, I noted it because all my Oct 3 payments were listed as 26 Sept (I changed those manually)
    FYI:  If you make a manual change to a Bank Bill Pay transaction in Quicken, the next time you run OSU that change will be sent to the bank.  If you have not already done so you might want to double check with your online bank account to make sure it has the correct schedule information shown there.
    mail4dcm said:
    It appears that it is treating all payments as a check for some reason
    FYI:  It is the bank that decides which payments will be made via mailed checks and which will be paid via ACH transfer.  There is nothing that Quicken controls with regard to this.  And, I believe, most banks do not give the checking account owner an option as to which payment method is to be used.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭
    Options
    I won't be able to say with 100% confidence all is well until I post my November bills. :)
This discussion has been closed.