Investment account balances inflated after update to Quicken 6.9 on Mac

After updating Quicken to v. 6.9 the balances on both of my investment accounts with Oppenheimer are greatly inflated. My downloads were set to only add new investments as of Aug. 4, 2022 and those newly added transactions look fine. So, there is an error somewhere else, but it's not obvious where. I've restored from a back-up and every time I reconnect to my investment account the problem re-occurs.

Comments

• Hello @swlevison696,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your investment account(s). 

First could you please clarify which financial institution that you are experiencing this with?

Next, I suggest creating a test file and adding the investment accounts that you are experiencing this issue with to see if the same errors occur. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Thx Jasmine,
    I'm trying to connect to my investment accounts at Oppenheimer & Co.
    When I create a test file, it uploads only those transactions back to 3/7/2022 and the account values are off for both accounts - not by much, ~$22 for one account and ~$67 for the other.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Well I would say you need to just dig into your account to see what's valued differently in Quicken than Oppenheimer. Is is a single security or multiple? Then you can dig deeper to see if there's a stray placeholder transaction or if there might be an incorrect security price.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I'm suspecting that there's a problem with how Quicken is importing the data from Oppenheimer. The mistake is that it is not showing the correct amount of cash that I have in the accounts. For both of these test files, the amount that the account Quicken ledger is off can be attributed to incorrect values for how much cash I have in the accounts.
This discussion has been closed.