I have updated my Chase account as instructed but I'm still getting the (annoying) pop up window.

mkrause3
mkrause3 Member
How do I stop the Chase pop up window when I have already updated my account as instructed?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mkrause3 said:
    How do I stop the Chase pop up window when I have already updated my account as instructed?
    Hello @mkrause3

I am sorry to hear about this issue with pop-ups and online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

In order to be of further assistance, we will require some additional information about the specific pop-up you are seeing. Is there any way you would be willing to provide a screenshot of this message if or when it appears again, with any personally identifying information removed, as necessary? You can consult the FAQ linked here for more instructions about submitting screenshots on the Quicken Community. Also, you may drag or drop images into your comment before it has been posted.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Sorry you're having trouble with this, it took me a couple of shots to get this working also. Make sure in settings "Gear" in the register/Edit Account Details/Online Services it shows "Connection Method: Express Web Connect+" - note the plus sign (+). If it doesn't then you are still on the old "Express Web Connect" (no plus sign). Also, log into your chase account, go to "Security & Privacy"/"Linked Apps & Websites" and make sure it is linked to Quicken. It will say "Quicken via Intuit". Again, if it doesn't show that, you are under the old method. IMO, I would wait a few days, they are having weird issues with reconciling accounts (balance incorrect) and also incorrect balances showing in the "Banking" folder that is on the left side of the screen in register view. Hope this helps.
  • Thank you phonedoc1! This very helpful! Under account details in Quicken, it says the Chase account connection type is Quicken Connect. However, in my Chase account it says the link is 'new' with the date I recently updated and is connected by Quicken via Intuit. So it should be good right?
  • phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I'm thinking that is incorrect. I attached a screen shot of what my "Online Services" look like. If you have "Quicken Connect" where mine says "Express Web Connect+" that's what you need to correct. IMO, you may have to deactivate and then reactivate the Online setup. Be aware, that when I've had to do this in the past, sometimes the reactivation brings down a few (or a ton) of transactions you already reconciled. You would then have to go through them one by one, make sure you already have them and then delete them. Most times it's just a few but I've had enoufgh on one ocassion where it took me almost an hour to square it away.
  • Thank you phonedoc1. My account detail window looks different. Since my account balance and reconcile are working fine, I think I'll leave it for now and hope the pop up stops 'popping' after they work out the kinks. Thanks for your suggestions and help.
  • phonedoc1
    phonedoc1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Did a little digging, figured out you are using a Mac. I use a PC, hence the different account detail window. For a Mac, "Quicken Connect" is correct. Didn't see the "Mac" tag on your original post.
  • Quicken Jared, attached is the screen shot you requested of the pop up window that keeps popping up even though I have already updated my Chase account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @mkrause3 On the screenshot you posted the "Remind me later" check box is selected.
    Have you deselected that check box and then selected Close?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris, I haven't tried that. I will next time the window pops up. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    phonedoc1 said: ....  it shows "Connection Method: Express Web Connect+"
    this discussion is posting in the QMAC area - the terminology is different than your mentioned QWIN wording

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• aerotom
    aerotom Member
    edited September 2022
    please notify when the updates with Chase problem with Chase is resolved.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    aerotom said: please notify when the updates with Chase problem with Chase is resolved.
    I think it's a roll of the dice - and the deadline is Sept 26, 2022 -
    It works ok for some, and for others - various issues and problems...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• The issue is resolved thanks to Chris' suggestion of unchecking the "Remind me later" box.
  • stinger32
    stinger32 Member ✭✭
    Still getting it. I shouldn't have to deal with this issue!