Chase Transaction do not download

Options
After aurthorizing Chase when prompted and following the directions, my transaction do not download into any of my Chase accounts. On the Chase side, it shows Quicken to be linked.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All, 

We do now have an active alert regarding users being able to complete the migration yet not being able to download transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• clales
    clales Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same issue. I have linked, unlinked, deactivated, setup, re-setup, closed Quicken, waited, restarted, etc. to no avail. Everything looks fine from the Chase side and Quicken doesn't throw any errors, but no new transactions download. This is for both my accounts and my wife's in the same quicken file.
  • spmoore11
    Options
    Thanks, you provided more details to what I am experiencing.
  • asmith2u
    Options
    Where is Quicken in all of this?
  • jwyant
    jwyant Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken, do you have an update on this?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• spmoore11
    Options
    I did report the problem, but since there were not any error codes I do not know what logs to attach.
  • jwyant
    jwyant Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Everything works without errors but nothing downloads from Chase, even with EWC+
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spmoore11 said:
    I did report the problem, but since there were not any error codes I do not know what logs to attach.
    I would attach at least the Connection Log, the Cloud Sync log, and the OFX log.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • quicktewill
    Options
    Same problem here: Chase account in Quicken is upgraded, Quicken shows as an active connected app at chase.com, but no new transactions are downloading
  • Marilynsanta
    Options
    Same for me. I have deactivated and reactivate the chase account several times. No new transactions since August 30.
  • Marilynsanta
    Options
    I also reported the problem via Quicken.
  • spmoore11
    Options
    Is there a way to revert back to the old connection with Chase while this is being fixed? Manually entering the transaction is a big pain.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have authorized and reauthorized multiple times, and transactions are being downloaded into new accounts AND the corresponding old accounts. But I am still being asked to update/authorize with Chase every time I do a one step update.

And the Account List still shows an "improve connection" status for the new accounts in the Transaction Download column. Clicking on that causes a pop-up "Upgrade to Direct Connect." I thought we were migrating away from DC.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All, 

We do now have an active alert regarding users being able to complete the migration yet not being able to download transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• afcanfield
    afcanfield Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. My WORKAROUND (this better not be the final solution) is to download the transactions range from Chase into a file and then import into Quicken. I used to have to do this with my Wells Fargo credit card. It was so inconvenient I got a different credit card.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. My WORKAROUND (this better not be the final solution) is to download the transactions range from Chase into a file and then import into Quicken. I used to have to do this with my Wells Fargo credit card. It was so inconvenient I got a different credit card.
    I might add that from what I can see this is going to also cause duplicate transactions when the transactions finally download with Express Web Connect +.

The Download Id that Quicken uses to determine if a transaction is a duplicate is different from Direct Connect/Web Connect (.QFX file) than what Express Web Connect + is using.
    Signature:
  • afcanfield
    afcanfield Member ✭✭
    Options
    The other problem I had while the transactions were downloaded, after I switched my connection, was that I was not able to match the downloaded transactions with the placeholder transactions in my register. So I had to accept the downloaded transactions, then delete the placeholder transactions.

The reason I've used Quicken for 30 years is to streamline my finances. This is a gigantic step backwards so far. I have upcoming recurring transactions go into my register 30 days in advance, a cash flow management tool. Now I can't pay from them, like I used to: I have to go to the Chase web site and do the transaction. I was at least hoping that the transactions would download from Chase and that I could then match them with the placeholder transactions in my register.

The Bill Manager in Quicken seems useless to me, or I haven't figured out how to use it. The bills are late, and sometimes th amounts are even wrong.
  • animatrix1
    animatrix1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Been using quicken for many years and it just continues to go downhill with constant issues like this. Having to manually enter transactions by going to my browser defeats the purpose of having Quicken and the update feature. I have 7 accounts with Chase that I am now having to manually sync and monitor. Obscene!
  • KOHO
    KOHO Member
    Options
    I am having the same download matching issues as you all once making the Chase move to the new method. Why is Quicken not responding with a solution or an update. After 30 years I am back to manual entry!!
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you looked at this thread?   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917620/new-chase-account-authorization-unable-to-link-accounts#latest

Several of us finally got the conversion to work (so far, anyway) with none of the problems we were having before. It requires you have the R43.26 Quicken update and involves deactivating accounts.

Never let Quicken automatically enter new transactions into the register and reconcile them. As long as they stay in the downloaded area you can easily delete them before they corrupt your previous transactions with duplicates.
  • HLT
    HLT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I received a new update today, R43.32 in the hope that it would fix this problem. But it didn't. I'm still not getting any Chase Transactions. I've tried deactivating from outline services then reactivating, it doesn't help.
    This seems ironic, I received an email from the CEO of Quicken providing an update. In it he says, "In my spring letter, I alluded to work to improve connectivity to a number of major financial institutions. Starting this August, we began the cutover to the new system with Chase Bank, and we are seeing excellent connection reliability." Perhaps he needs to review this thread.

In any case, are there any other ideas to try at this time?
    Thanks,
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    HLT said:
    I received a new update today, R43.32 in the hope that it would fix this problem. But it didn't. I'm still not getting any Chase Transactions. I've tried deactivating from outline services then reactivating, it doesn't help.
    This seems ironic, I received an email from the CEO of Quicken providing an update. In it he says, "In my spring letter, I alluded to work to improve connectivity to a number of major financial institutions. Starting this August, we began the cutover to the new system with Chase Bank, and we are seeing excellent connection reliability." Perhaps he needs to review this thread.

In any case, are there any other ideas to try at this time?
    Thanks,
    Don't reactivate your Chase accounts. Deactivate them, then initiate the Add Account procedure (as if they never existed in the first place). Select Chase as the financial institution and go through the conversion process. Let them find those accounts and set them up. After you get a confirmation from Chase that your accounts are connected, you SHOULD be able to link them up in Quicken.

It might take a long time online communicating with the cloud as it sorts through all the transactions.

[In my case, the initial attempts had resulted in duplicate accounts (two Visa cards, two checking accounts, etc.) that were given slightly different names. I deleted those duplicate accounts before proceeding with the above. I wanted to start fresh. Don't delete any of your older accounts though or you will lose those transactions.]
  • HLT
    HLT Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks,
    If I understand this correctly, I'll end with duplicate accounts. There will be my existing checking account with all my history that won't update anymore, and then a new checking account created by the 'add account' procedure. Is that correct?
  • HLT
    HLT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I contacted Quicken support.
    They had me go to edit->preferences->QuickenID and cloud accounts and select sign in as a different user.
    Then I signed back in again as the same user as before.
    Chase transactions then downloaded.
  • spmoore11
    Options
    When I try to update my account now Quicken locks up and stops responding.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    HLT said:
    Thanks,
    If I understand this correctly, I'll end with duplicate accounts. There will be my existing checking account with all my history that won't update anymore, and then a new checking account created by the 'add account' procedure. Is that correct?
    That was what happened to me initially, except that the original accounts with all my history still updated because they were still on Direct Connect. The new duplicate accounts were set automatically to EWC+ but did not merge with the original counterpart. These new accounts brought in 90 days of unreconciled, uncategorized transactions as if they were new and included an "original balance" that was equal to the closing balance of the original account. This was all before R43.26. 

After I updated to the new release, I manually deactivated ALL Chase accounts (even the "good" ones) so they wouldn't connect, and deleted the duplicate accounts (I had to first delete the downloaded but unaccepted transactions). Made a backup of that data file. THEN I ran the Add Account process as if doing it for the first time.

Finally I was able to link the accounts correctly. All the historical transactions were there and the accounts were connected via EWC+. Note that in my case anyway, no NEW transactions were posted, but then I ran a OSU and they downloaded properly.
  • HLT
    HLT Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks!
    However, Didn't need to do this because as noted above, Quicken support was able to resolve this issue.
  • Donna A
    Donna A Member ✭✭
    Options
    Chase reactivation worked well, but Chase is no longer in either One Step Update or Password Vault. I am unable to download transactions. How do I add Chase back to One Step Update and the Password Vault. Neither of those allow me to enter a new account, e.g. my Chase accounts
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Donna A said:
    Chase reactivation worked well, but Chase is no longer in either One Step Update or Password Vault. I am unable to download transactions. How do I add Chase back to One Step Update and the Password Vault. Neither of those allow me to enter a new account, e.g. my Chase accounts
    I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for them to look at it.
    Note though Express Web Connect + doesn't have a entry in the Password Vault.  Express Web Connect +/Intuit use a rotating security token to access your Chase account(s) not your username and password.

The part that it isn't in One Step Update doesn't make any sense if it is actually activated.
    If you look at the top right of the account register you should see Express Web Connect + if it is setup correctly.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
    Signature:
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Donna A said:
     Did you open One Step Update Settings to see if the right boxes are checked?
This discussion has been closed.