Chase Update not recognized by quicken

guy@gw
guy@gw Member ✭✭
Update accepted by Chase, not recognized by quicken after several successful completions on Chase and acknowledgments.

Comments

• Hello @guy@gw,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community and for sharing the issues that you are experiencing with your Chase account(s). 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can utilize functions such as screen share and escalate the situation if needed.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Fizbat
    Fizbat Member ✭✭
    > @"guy@gw" said:
    > Update accepted by Chase, not recognized by quicken after several successful completions on Chase and acknowledgments.
  • Fizbat
    Fizbat Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem as of 8/30/22. Chase site indicates data sharing with Quicken had been authorized, but transactions and balance is not downloading.
  • cowdogman
    cowdogman Member ✭✭
    What a mess.

Tried to activate my deactivated Chase accounts today. For the first time Quicken took me to the correct page on the Chase site, The Chase site said my accounts were already authorized, I clicked thru the Next buttons on the Chase site and then Quicken told me my authorization failed. My accounts in Quicken still show they are not activated for download.

I tried it again. Same result.
  • TimeCitizen
    TimeCitizen Member ✭✭
    In my case the issue turned out that I had an old Chase credit card that was sharing the Chase.com authorization. After I closed out the old account the new authorization process worked as expected.
  • colrut
    colrut Member
    Something broke my chase (amazon) sync so tried to set it up again. It will only link to checking/savings account type once it does connect to chase. Cant get it to link to the actual credit card acount.
  • Mood
    Mood Member
    Mine was able to establish the new connection, but now every new transaction coming from Chase is tagged with a Category which is actually another account (in my case an HSA account with Bank of America). Not only that, but every transaction that was already accepted and categorized going back to early July had its category changed too. Very frustrating.
  • Jfur
    Jfur Member ✭✭
    Every time I run an update it is asking me to Authorize again. Then does not give the option to link to existing account.
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    I am getting the the same thing asking to reauthorize every day.
    No option to link to an existing account.

What is the remedy?
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    OK. Here is what I did and it works, at least for today.
    I went to the my Chase online account, went to Security & Privacy, External Accounts, Link an External Account, scroll down to Fill in the Account yourself, add the name of your chase account as it appears in your Quicken Account, choose the Type of account in the dropdown, enter the Value, the current balance as it is in the Chase Account, choose next.

After I did this I went back to Quicken, did a manual update and it worked.

I have no idea how it knew the link was to quicken. 

hope it still works tomorrow.
    Andy 
  • GrahamM
    GrahamM Member
    After going through the reauthorization process (on Chase via my browser) I returned to Quicken. It listed that it had discovered my Chase accounts, but when I went to the pull down menu to link each account to the accounts already in Quicken, it did not list the existing accounts, so I selected Do Not Add Accounts. Now I periodically get the reauthorize window pop up, I keep skipping.

The Transaction Download method shows as Direct Connect.
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    Try my method.  It is still working. Andy
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    Well it stopped working. Quicken is prompting me to make the change.
    I tried it and it downloaded a handful of transactions into a new account. This is fubar.
    I deleted my link update in the Chase account and the new account in Quicken.
    I think that I will wait until closer to the 26th to see if this process has been perfected.
    It is rather frustrating right now. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    GrahamM said:
    After going through the reauthorization process (on Chase via my browser) I returned to Quicken. It listed that it had discovered my Chase accounts, but when I went to the pull down menu to link each account to the accounts already in Quicken, it did not list the existing accounts, so I selected Do Not Add Accounts. Now I periodically get the reauthorize window pop up, I keep skipping.

The Transaction Download method shows as Direct Connect.
    Note if the connection method is Direct Connect then that account hasn't been converted to the new connection method.  It would be Express Web Connect + if it was.

Also note that investment accounts have yet to be changed over even though they do show up as such on the Chase website.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • minimax
    minimax Member ✭✭
    I've tried for days now to go through the new linking procedure for Chase with no success and today started getting this: Error code: BID = 10898.
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    There was a new Quicken version released today.

• Flangehead
    Flangehead Member ✭✭
    Updated to the new version, Quicken still not recognizing the authorization.
  • gjwhelan
    gjwhelan Member ✭✭
    how many times do you have to authorize your chase accounts. I have done it at least 5 times, yet every time I start quicken it says I must authorize my chase accounts. My downloads are working fine. What a horrible roll out of this new "feature" which I call a bug. Get your act together.
  • sfsccn
    sfsccn Member
    I followed to instructions by clicking "reauthorize" on the update screen to connect to my Chase web account. The update process then seemed to proceed normally. But now, every time I update it shows the same "reauthorize" message as in the beginning, as if I never went through the process at all.

I'm using Premier R43.26 on Windows 11.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.