CIT Bank - CC-502 error.

GraneyBC
GraneyBC Member ✭✭
I noticed this message on CIT's website. Is Quicken aware of this issue?

Connecting to Other Institutions
Due to the recent system upgrades, some non-CIT Bank financial institutions, financial aggregators or payment software systems such as Fidelity, Schwab, Personal Capital, Mint and PayPal, for example, no longer connect automatically to CIT Bank. If you use such a service to sign into CIT Bank and it no longer connects automatically, please contact them to re-establish a connection to CIT Bank.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this problem here in the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Jim Ostell
    Jim Ostell Member ✭✭✭
    I have had the same problem for 2 days. I sent two problem reports to Quicken and quoted this web page. I would also like to know if Quicken is working on it.
  • Im having same issue
  • RB
    RB Member ✭✭✭
    I also have been having trouble for 2 days to connect with "CIT Bank Online".  I have deactivated all accounts and tried to add the accounts back.    I am able to add my username and password and CIT Bank send the OTP code and I enter that successfully.  However at that point I get the CC-502 error with the screen that asks for Username and Password.
  • John Meyers
    John Meyers Member ✭✭
    Same here. Has ben this way all week. Not sure Quicken is working on it since they link this conversation on their troubleshooting steps page.
  • clark W
    clark W Member ✭✭
    Same issue will not connect and download
  • Same thing is happening to me. I get a "Needs Your Attention" CC-502 error in the One Step Update Summary that happens after download process.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone, 

I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you been receiving this CC-502 error message for more than 24 hours? Also, what 'instance' of CIT Bank are you using to try to connect to online banking accounts? If you have received this error message for more than a day, I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• ttwilliger
    ttwilliger Member ✭✭
    > @RB said:
    > I also have been having trouble for 2 days to connect with "CIT Bank Online".  I have deactivated all accounts and tried to add the accounts back.    I am able to add my username and password and CIT Bank send the OTP code and I enter that successfully.  However at that point I get the CC-502 error with the screen that asks for Username and Password.

Yup. Exactly same for me
  • Passet
    Passet Member
    I am having the same issue. I had the CC-502 error and then tried to deactivate and reactivate 2 accounts at CIT bank but can never get it to complete the online services. setup process. I am able to log onto my CIT account from the web and mobile devices. I have followed quicken Jareds request and reported a problem so they have some logs to look at.
  • Ken Weissberg
    Ken Weissberg Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same issues. Spoke to CIT bank. They were not helpful at all.
  • sjmsing
    sjmsing Member ✭✭✭
    Same here. Past 3 days CIT Bank connection is failing. Connection worked for some time with: CIT Bank N.A. New Login. Disconnected online services and try to reconnect and failed.
  • kenoakes16
    kenoakes16 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here since Mon, 19-Sep-2022. In the log file CustomerCentralError.txt, I find:

************** OSU at 09:29:57 22-09-2022********************

*******************Institution 1*************************************
    INSTITUTION_ID : 2
    INSTITUTION_NAME : CIT Bank N.A New Login
    TP_CUSTOMER_ID : xxxxxxxx
    -----------ACCOUNT 1------------------------
    TP_ACCOUNT_ID : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    AGGR_STATUS_CODE : FDP-102
    -----------ACCOUNT 2------------------------
    TP_ACCOUNT_ID : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    AGGR_STATUS_CODE : FDP-102
    *********************************************************************************

(I am x'ing out the Customer Id and Account Id data from the file )
  • starpal
    starpal Member ✭✭
    Same issue. I do not get a OTP when trying to add my CIT account to a new test file from either CIT Bank Online or CIT Bank N.A New Login (sic) but I do get a code from the bank website. CIT says it is not their problem, and Quicken Support says it is not their problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this problem here in the Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• blmatthews
    blmatthews Member ✭✭✭
    Same problem here, for the latest 3 days or so. I've done a Report a Problem.
  • I have the same problem. 4 days no connection
  • clark W
    clark W Member ✭✭
    This problem persists and I believe it's on Quicken as CITBank sends me a two factor code and it will still not connect
  • JMP-NY
    JMP-NY Member
    Have had problem for a week and now the username and password does not work either through Quicken.
  • All I get is 502 error for my CIT online account. Same as others it's been about a week now.
    Problem is quicken
  • roger1
    roger1 Member
    I don't understand why problem is taking so long, going on 2 weeks without a resolution! Quicken has never taken so long to correct problem especially of it's own making with new update!
  • John Meyers
    John Meyers Member ✭✭
    I just did a One Step Update in Quicken Premier and it downloaded the last transaction I did with CIT Bank!!! I then went into the register and did an Update Now which also did not give an error. Looks like I'm finally good to go.
  • blmatthews
    blmatthews Member ✭✭✭
    Odd, I just tried it and it still doesn't work.
  • kenoakes16
    kenoakes16 Member ✭✭
    Still not working for me either....
  • fakebill
    fakebill Member ✭✭
    Still have the CC error trying to connect to CIT Bank online for the last 6 days. Have tried the method suggested by CIT and other suggestions without success. It refuses to recognize the account at CIT Bank??????
  • llspiro
    llspiro Member
    I've now had this same error for at least one week. Hello Quicken?
  • trustpilot
    trustpilot Member ✭✭
    > @fakebill said:
    > Have tried the method suggested by CIT and other suggestions without success. It refuses to recognize the account at CIT Bank??????

Same thing here. The CIT and other suggestions aren't working for this newest issue.

I think we are waiting for Quicken developers to get to it. Hoping it will be soon, although an estimated ETA would be nice.
  • mpissanos
    mpissanos Member ✭✭
    SAME PROBLEM STILL: I had 2 accounts w/ CIT but I recently added a new account. The 2 accounts were updating properly but I could not add the new (3rd) account due to the same error in this post CC502. I decided to deactivated the other 2 accounts and tried to reactivate all of them again. I now get the CC502 error to connect with WEB EXPRESS on all 3! I retried same process but this time I tried to manually download transactions with WEB CONNECT file from CIT. It worked OK with 2 (older) of the 3 accounts, but the new account downloads a file but has no transactions or online balance. Maybe this is a separate issue. I've tried all instructions on the CIT website (deleting the financial institution and account #) and still have the same error when entering credentials.
  • Struggles
    Struggles Member ✭✭
    Now when it tries to fix the 800 error my quicken crashes and closes
  • kenoakes16
    kenoakes16 Member ✭✭
    > @Struggles said:
    > Now when it tries to fix the 800 error my quicken crashes and closes

I have the same problem, Quicken now crashes when I try to "Setup New Account" using "CIT Bank New Login" ..... this is new today, 06-Oct-2022. The Setup did not work yesterday (Oops, connection error), but at least it did not crash Quicken....
  • AStuartMills
    AStuartMills Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. Has this been addressed by Quicken?
This discussion has been closed.