Opening a new account

Options
James Wild
James Wild Member
I want to open new account for "Scotiabank TFSA". In response, I receive message: "Could not complete your request. Try again later"

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @James Wild,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message you received, did there also happen to be any specific error code(s) associated with the message that you can provide us with here, please?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• James Wild
    Options
    Thanks for your response. There were no error codes associated with the message I received.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response. There were no error codes associated with the message I received.
    Hello @James Wild

I am sorry if this issue is continuing. Thank you for following up with us about this.

Currently, are you still seeing this error when trying to update your accounts or download transactions? Occasionally, messages such as these may be related to temporary server maintenance. If the issue is continuing, what instance of Scotiabank are you selecting in the Add Account screen to try to connect your accounts?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • James Wild
    Options
    Still seeing message. Sorry but I don't understand your reference to "what instance......." . I am unable to see an "add account screen"
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Still seeing message. Sorry but I don't understand your reference to "what instance......." . I am unable to see an "add account screen"
    Unless the Canadian version is totally different from my US version ...
    The process of adding a new account register to Quicken usually begins with clicking the "+" button in the title of the Account sidebar or selecting the Tools Menu item and clicking Add Account.
    This gives you a "Search for your financial institution" screen where you type the name of the bank. A list of like-named banks is displayed and you select the one you need.
    This is what @Quicken Jared was referring to in his response.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "what instance of Scotiabank "

Might be better stated as:
    "what is the exact financial name you are using".

Depending on what account types you are trying to download one financial institution might have different entries in the list of financial institutions.  Knowing the exact one is being used helps narrow down if the problem is in selecting the wrong one.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • James Wild
    Options
    Thanks all for your comments. The message I keep getting is in response to my Clicking the + button, and the "add account" in the tools menu.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks all for your comments. The message I keep getting is in response to my Clicking the + button, and the "add account" in the tools menu.
    When you start the "add account" process, the first thing that Quicken does is to call home and attempt to download an up-to-date copy of the "fidir.txt" file, the list of supported financial institutions.
    It appears to me as if this process fails because Quicken cannot connect to the internet. Might this be the cause of your problem? Or has your subscription expired? (In the latter case you should still be able to add "offline (manual) accounts" without connection to the bank)
  • James Wild
    Options
    Neither is the case. I do have other bank accounts which are web connected and my subscription is current. I shall drop my inquiry for now. Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.