Cannot use QuickPay to pay Chase credit card bill

as123456789
as123456789 Member ✭✭
I'm currently using Quicken R43.26 and have connected with Chase using EWC+ but I cannot use QuickPay to pay the bill. I can see the bill and I can pay with CheckPay (which is as archaic as using a kitchen knife to perform surgery). So basically, I have to log onto Chase's website from a browser and pay the bill from there, instead of using Quicken. Is there a way to use Quicken QuickPay to pay Chase bills?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    It was announced back in June that with Chase EWC+ QuickPay and eBills would no longer be available but CheckPay will still be available:  Important Update about Chase Online Bills in Quicken.

You are correct that the other option is to log into your online account at Chase.com and pay bills there.

Whether or not QuickPay and/or eBills will ever be available, again, has not been announced but per the announcement the Quicken Moderator said they are working on it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    It was announced back in June that with Chase EWC+ QuickPay and eBills would no longer be available but CheckPay will still be available:  Important Update about Chase Online Bills in Quicken.

You are correct that the other option is to log into your online account at Chase.com and pay bills there.

Whether or not QuickPay and/or eBills will ever be available, again, has not been announced but per the announcement the Quicken Moderator said they are working on it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• R_C
    R_C Member
    So after decades of using this functionality, we are suddenly told that it will no longer be available to us. Nice!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    R_C said:
    So after decades of using this functionality, we are suddenly told that it will no longer be available to us. Nice!
    Well that is "progress" for you.  The financial institutions have decided they are going to go to this system, mostly because they could never agree to go to OFX/Direct Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    Moderators: when will QuickPay be re-enabled for Chase credit card payments?
  • raypatino
    raypatino Member ✭✭
    Let's just get everyone to send in their paper checks. It's Chase's problem to process them. Maybe they'll change their minds in the near future. Just allow enough time for due date.
  • as123456789
    as123456789 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    [Removed - Speculation] 
  • jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    The article referenced above says "We are continuing to work on other methods to update Chase bills in Windows and Mac, and will update users when more information is available. "

So, I'm eagerly awaiting this update. Quicken moderators/developers...what's the word?
This discussion has been closed.