I continue to get errors like this when trying to update The process cannot access the file 'C:\Pro

Options
energyDR
energyDR Member
The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w551\base\bagent.exe' because it is being used by another process

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @energyDR,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Quicken application. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're trying to install a Quicken software update (aka Patch) and you get this "file in use" message, then most likely your Antivirus program interferes with the installation process.
    Please temporarily disable your Antivirus and repeat the software update process. When complete reenable AV.
    BTW, what Antivirus software are you using?
  • energyDR
    energyDR Member
    Options
    Thanks for response. Quiucken rep helped resolve. Dropbox was using a pocess that caused error. Stopped the process an then installed update
This discussion has been closed.