Pending Transactions x

Options

Answers

• dr.tmu
    dr.tmu Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with one of my credit card accounts. It started two or three days ago.
  • John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here.  For me this started a few days ago after the latest update.  It is my main checking account that displays the wrong amount on the accounts list on the main Quicken page.
  • Roger Everson
    Roger Everson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same question.> @GermanBlueRam said:
    > You should be able to see it at the lower right hand corner of the register for your "Express Web Connect+ account:.  Look for the hourglass as mentioned above.

Am I to understand that only accounts that are Express Web Connect accounts have this capability? Wells Fargo is a Direct Connect account, so it won't be available there. Is this correct?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please read this discussion about the new function to include/exclude pending transactions in EWC or EWC+ connected accounts. Applies to R 43.xx or R 44.xx Quicken versions. Not available for DC connected accounts and offline accounts.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920731/new-pending-transaction-shows-incorrect-total-on-menu#latest

• RRC Treas
    RRC Treas Member
    Options
    Same boat: One of my account balances on the account bar is also suddenly showing up overstated by >$14K. That acct has $1500 in uncleared transactions and NO pending transactions. This acct isn't set up for download.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same question.> @GermanBlueRam said:
    > You should be able to see it at the lower right hand corner of the register for your "Express Web Connect+ account:.  Look for the hourglass as mentioned above.

Am I to understand that only accounts that are Express Web Connect accounts have this capability? Wells Fargo is a Direct Connect account, so it won't be available there. Is this correct?
    You are correct accounts with Direct Connect do not have this feature.  Personally, I don't consider downloading of pending transactions a good thing to do, so no loss there.  But if you are dead set on getting it Wells Fargo Does support Express Web Connect.  You would deactivate your account for downloading on the Account Details -> Online Services tab and the select Tools -> Add Account, type in Wells Fargo, select the correct entry, and then the Advanced Options.  Be sure to link to the existing account when it shows the online account(s).  Note that if you are using the bank bill pay, that will go away if you stop using Direct Connect.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Joe Gr
    Joe Gr Member ✭✭
    Options
    When did “Pending Transactions” become available? Was it part of the last update that I missed reading the detail?
  • teeth6
    teeth6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also notice with the new update, I’m not able to initiate the downloads in the same way I used to. I found the circle with the arrow to start downloads now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Gr said:
    When did “Pending Transactions” become available? Was it part of the last update that I missed reading the detail?
    In R43.32 they put in this option, which is on by default (which is a terrible idea):

In R44.20, which is in stagged release/paused mode it is official and stated in the release notes and in the "What's New in Quicken".

Note pending transactions are only available when using Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect +.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rhoadester99
    rhoadester99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here. After my latest download today, BOA credit card account balances on account bar are zero. Quicken and online account balances are equal and are not zero.
  • Dave22
    Dave22 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same problem with 44.20
    I found "pending trx" can be turned off - at the very bottom of register, to the immediate left of "Ending Balance" is a small down arrow. That gives access to turning off Pending Transactions. Once I did that, by register was correct.
    Whew!
  • garyjor
    garyjor Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Nothing pending.
  • Mark452
    Mark452 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have Quicken Deluxe with Windows 10. Since the new update, the amount showing in the display of my checking account is hundreds more than my online balance, yet it reconciled perfectly. I did check everything on my bank site as well. There's no way I can see how to adjust the display through preferences or anything. I reset the account and there was no change. Can anyone help or does another update need to occur? I noticed other issues about this update.
  • Mark452
    Mark452 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Dave22! Your simply explained solution worked like a dream. This whole issue was driving me crazy. I have the Quicken deluxe version and didn't have anything concerning "pending" or any other features in preferences, as stated by the release notes. I found out later they were only in Quicken Premier.
  • jacku
    jacku Member
    Options
    In my accounts where pending transactions are enabled, the hourglass menu option to exclude them from balances is disabled. They get excluded when I hide them completely, but I don't want to do that. I want them to show and to be excluded from balances. Does anybody know why the menu option to exclude them from balances is disabled?
  • jlspitzer
    jlspitzer Member ✭✭
    Options
    It looks like the pending transactions $ are being deducted from the account value in the accounts summary section. If I have already entered the transaction in my register, the $ are being deducted twice. Is anyone else seeing this?
  • DanTax
    DanTax Member
    Options
    Why doesn't the bank balance in the left pane match the account ending balance? Version R43.32
  • teeth6
    teeth6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I haven’t had a pending yet but once it clears it is supposed to match up with your entered line and disappear from pending. Are you seeing your entered line PLUS another line from the pending transaction?
  • Joemcc
    Joemcc Member
    Options
    Same Question
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If this just started it is likely because there are pending transactions in the account.  Even though this was not announced until R44.20, the capability was acutally initiated in R43.32.  You can read some of the posts about pending transactions to learn more.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• DanTax
    DanTax Member
    Options
    you nailed it! Thanks
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jrich75 said: If this just started it is likely because there are pending transactions in the account. 
    Even though this was not announced until R44.20, the capability was acutally initiated in R43.32.
    Actually, I have the same changes with - R43.26 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacku - what product (deluxe, etc) and what version are you using.  I have R44.20 deluxe and the option is not greyed out.  I can display the pending transactions but exlcude them from balances.....
  • Robert Behn
    Robert Behn Member ✭✭
    Options
    So, because I have scheduled transactions in the account that are currently pending with the financial institution, those amounts get doubled up in the account pane at the left. How do I prevent this doubling up?
  • DanTax
    DanTax Member
    Options
    it is not necessarily scheduled transactions. My transactions were normal transactions that were just showing as pending in the account and had not posted yet.
  • MaverickHates
    MaverickHates Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Quicken need to turn this feature off or fix it. I am very tired of seeing my account show in the red because the pending transactions do not do any matching. If you try to delete the pending transaction quicken just picks another transaction at random to delete messing up the whole register. More banks are doing this and Quicken needs to update their way of handling them! [Removed - Rant/Language]
  • mjr.xvii
    mjr.xvii Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    In the register it shows $14,187.13 ... on the accounts bar it shows $17,184 ... not real numbers but you get the gist of it.
  • dalesdervin
    dalesdervin Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.