Pending Transactions x

Options

Answers

• tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry again.  I see where they are staging pending transactions.  Seems like they should just be included in the register so they are visible.  Thanks for all the input here.  Thought file was corrupted.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    tkstaple said:
    Sorry, I just noticed this was merged with other inquiries so didn't read previous responses.  
    Is there a way to show pending transactions?
    Yes .. I’ve been trying to get the various single postings all merged into this long running thread. 
    Down at the bottom of the Account Register - there is a new area, just like Downloaded Transactions - on the right side - Pending Transactions… and the “hourglass” icon is right there also. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    RaviBank said:
    I have a credit card account with a zero balance online and in my register. However, the account bar for this account displays a persistent balance. 
    Have you looked at the new bottom area of the Register … 
    Down at the bottom of the Account Register - there is a new area, just like Downloaded Transactions - on the right side - Pending Transactions… and the “hourglass” icon is right there also. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Various topics have been merged into this long growing topic -
    Please read the previous comments that will provide insight and instructions on the Pending Transactions vs Balances.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• barbstader
    barbstader Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I can handle seeing Pending Transactions before they clear but I have some pending transactions that have cleared days ago… So it duplicates those amounts in my balance on the left column. DEBITS & CREDITS! And of course I cannot delete them. Hour glass is grayed out.
  • MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Figured out the Problem -- Quicken Premier / Windows 11.
    Recently I noticed my checking account balance as shown on the Account Bar was incorrect. Due to reading this thread, I figured out the root cause --
    Everything listed in my Pending, I had manually entered already to keep myself current with bills and current balance. Quicken is using it's known Balance (with my entries) and then ALSO subtracting the Pending Transactions... thereby double hitting my Quicken Balance
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    What is your idea?  You reported a problem.

[turned into question, not an idea]

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This new feature still needs some work.  The pending transactions are duplicating.  I have 2 of each transaction showing in the pending area.  I'm not sure it's useful yet.
  • mrhnet99
    mrhnet99 Member
    Options
    One pending transaction dated 9/30/2022 is in limbo. In Quicken, it shows up in the Pending Transactions list, but it actually cleared in Citi Bank days ago. R44.23 Build 27.1.44.23. Therefore, my register is incorrect, and I cannot fix it. I would like Quicken to undo the programming changes recently made to handling of pending transaction. Just put it back the way it was. This is causing me to close my Citi Bank account - just to fix the problem. Disastrous programming! How could Quicken publish such a change without doing any testing.
  • jklein1
    jklein1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    fixed by hiding the pending, but if you already have entered 'pending' transactions into the register and they are just uncleared, then it is doubling the amount. that is clearly a bug.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    > @jklein1 said:
    > fixed by hiding the pending, but if you already have entered 'pending' transactions into the register and they are just uncleared, then it is doubling the amount. that is clearly a bug.

I wouldn't consider this a bug. Two ways to handle pending. Show pending allows Quicken and your bank to handle pending. Account list balance reflects pending and pending tab shows pending. Hide pending allows you to enter manual for pending and registry balance reflects pending and registry shows pending. The doubling occurred when you entered manual pending with Quicken showing pending.
  • boolittlek
    boolittlek Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I was able to click the hourglass icon at the bottom of the screen and select the option to exclude pending transactions from my balance, but it still bugs me that the duplicate is pending and cannot be removed (yes, I know I can hide it). I first noticed the duplicate yesterday. I was hoping it would fall off today, but it's still there. I know occasionally my credit card account will show duplicate pending transactions, and those usually fall off after a few days. But this is my checking account, and no such duplicate pending transaction exists in the actual account--it's only in Quicken.
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Same problem, I have several accounts showing the wrong balance in left account list. For example, a checking account with $500 balance, I manually keyed in $1000 when i made a deposit, and there's a pending transaction for $1000. Register shows the correct $1500, but the account balance bar shows $2500. I can't seem to match or delete or do anything with the pending transaction. I'm not sure how to turn off pending transactions being added to the account bar balance either. Suggestions welcomed! 27.1.44.23 

wags Glad to be here!

• RDav
    RDav Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem and my hourglass icon will not let me click on it to exclude them. The duplicates are very annoying as they are throwing off the balances. Makes the software a bit useless.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Studpup said:
    > Same problem, I have several accounts showing the wrong balance in left account list. For example, a checking account with $500 balance, I manually keyed in $1000 when i made a deposit, and there's a pending transaction for $1000. Register shows the correct $1500, but the account balance bar shows $2500. I can't seem to match or delete or do anything with the pending transaction. I'm not sure how to turn off pending transactions being added to the account bar balance either. Suggestions welcomed! 27.1.44.23 

See my reply to @jklein1
    If you want the account bar balance to match register balance with pending shown, delete the manual transaction or turn off "show pending transactions". The account bar balance is different than the register balance. It will show register balance PLUS pending if on, if pending off they
    match. FYI the pending transaction listed by Quicken is at your bank (or supposed to be). To delete you would need to cancel the transaction at your bank. All Quicken can do is hide and not show in balances. As in many posts, there should be a small hourglass and small down arrow in the footer of your register. Click the arrow and you can turn off pending transactions. They will not figure in your balances. This is account specific so each account is handles separately.
  • marc
    marc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Checking account ransactions that had already cleared were still listed in pending transactions and were being subtracted from the balance in the accounts list. The post from F. Weston stated "f you click the down arrow by the hourglass in the bottom middle of the register, it allows you to turn on and off the pending transactions." I tried that and the balances in the accounts list are now correct as if the pending transactions did not exist.
  • cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I've found something that no one else seems to have mentioned in my reading of this thread.  If I missed something and this has been talked about, just ignore me.

If you right click on the account baron the left of the screen, you can choose to show either the current balance or ending balance in the account bar.  This is a global setting and not per individual account.  I've just turned on the setting to show pending transactions in three credit card accounts that support it so I'll see how it goes.  If it messes up, I always have backups.  I have automatic backups turned on to create a backup every time I use Quicken.  That saved me with the recent Chase fiasco.
  • Jmalibu
    Jmalibu Member ✭✭
    Options
    I read the comments above and clicked on the small hourglass at the lower right of my checking account register and chose "hide pending transactions". It did the trick.
  • jdmorgan
    jdmorgan Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm still not seeing where to turn this feature on for my wells Fargo account...
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Options
    My balances are all messed up as well. Is there a rollback option to a previous release?
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Matt - the 'roll back' option is to turn off the pending transactions.  there is a SMALL hourglass just to the left of the ending balance ate the VERY BOTTOM of the register - click that dropdown to turn off the pending transactions 

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Options
    My balance is also off by exactly $3,500. What in the world?!? Quicken...give us a rollback option to a previous version ASAP!!!
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Matt - did you turn off the option as I detailed above? 
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did and it's still off. Something isn't right because I check it frequently to ensure that it aligns with the bank.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you may want to validate and repair the file.  since it is exactly $3500, can you pinpoint what that is?
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Mark1104 I cannot pinpoint it. There is no uncleared amount in the Quicken register for $3,500. I frequently check it to ensure the bank and Quicken match, so this discrepancy just started in the last 7-10 days or so. I will call Quicken and get them to walk me through the validate and repair process. Thanks for the help!
  • craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have tried to update connection with CHASE several times and each time it turns an opening balance from 2001 to 82,000. In reality it was 7500 or so. So it jumps my current balance nearly 75,000. I am done with automatic downloads and will enter manually until this is fixed. Hate the pending transaction feature as well even if I turn off it still remains. Other issue I believe is having 2 log ins with Chase some of the accounts duplicate which is creating double entries in an account. I have reverted to backup each time.
  • Db705
    Db705 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. I selected "Hide pending transactions" and it seems to have fixed the problem.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and reporting the issues with Pending Transactions, though we apologize for the trouble.

Our teams are aware of the issues and have released a server patch (this is not something that needs to be installed) to turn off the feature while we work on the issues. No action is required on your part. Unedited, pending transactions should no longer appear in your account registers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Check opening balance. Quicken has been adding wrong opening balances if you converted to EWC+ and had some pending transactions. 
This discussion has been closed.