123457»

Answers

• berthagator
    berthagator Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Mark1104 said:
    > @berthagator - an idea
    >
    > repair and validate the file. I have found in the past when I have 'stuck' transactions, that clears the out. 

I did - it made no difference. I don't have stuck transactions, the transactions are downloading and processing in the register just as I would expect. But the online balance will not update, no matter what I do. The online balance does not match the balance online at my institution, and it's not b/c of pending transactions. So I haven't been able to reconcile the account to the online balance since the end of September, b/c the online balance never updates.
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mark1104 and for anyone else's benefit...

I "resolved" my BoA transaction download issue by deactivating online services for every BoA account individually, 8 or 9 of them! Then I re-added BoA and it found all my accounts in Quicken, and transactions for all accounts (that had any) were downloaded! Yay!

Not surprisingly, Quicken or whomever adjusted the Opening Balance transaction ONLY in my primary checking account. Luckily I took the great advice of adding a memo line there and I quickly changed it to what it should be (apparently). Despite that, however, the account doesn't balance. So I am going to manually balance it using my last statement, and hopefully that will fix things up.

What a mess. For all the effort Quicken seems to put into making these transitions easy, the actual experience is never ever seamless. A pity.
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh FFS... Quicken thinks the balance on my checking account is the balance of my savings account. That is to say, Quicken is reporting an online balance for my checking account that is in fact the balance in my savings account. How the heck do I fix that!? And this is after deactivating online access for all the accounts at BoA, and adding them back in, AND verifying that Quicken matched everything up correctly. Argh!!
  • mark.granoff
    mark.granoff Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Crisis averted. Whew!

I tried resetting the checking account in question. That worked, and the Quicken UX actually identified the related Checking and Savings accounts as needing to be linked correctly. In fact, it made the wrong guess this time around, thinking the Savings account was a checking account. I corrected that, and the online balance for the checking account is now correct. AND the account balances!

What a nightmare. But this community is a godsend!
  • BarryGraham
    BarryGraham Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I have hidden the pending transactions and this has resolved the issue, as suggested above, but I wonder if this undoes another thing that I have noticed since pending transactions became available, which is that posting dates now match transaction dates almost always (I don't know if this is actually because of pending transactions being available, or because of switching from Direct Connect to EWC).
    Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
  • jancarpenter
    jancarpenter Member ✭✭
    Options
    I do not see any "hour glass" at the bottom of my register. Any ideas on what could be the issue? See picture below
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken has disabled Pending Transactions since it didn't work correctly.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jancarpenter
    jancarpenter Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am still seeing them download automatically v R44.27
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jancarpenter,

Where do you see the downloaded pending transactions? In the register? Someplace else? 

It looks like your balance in Quicken is way off. Did you get duplicate transactions downloaded, and have you deleted them? Or perhaps your account's opening balance was changed by Quicken.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • jancarpenter
    jancarpenter Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'll attach another screen shot so you can see. I entered the first line (Signature Pools), which I was expecting to process. That same day (just on Friday 10/14), the last line downloaded on it's own as a pending transaction. I can't easily combine them, but I don't want to have to be deleting all these pending transactions either. I'd love to have to option to just not included them as previous writer's suggested, but I don't see that option. I know the balances are way off as most if not all the transactions are not listed twice. Does that help? Thanks for your help.
  • bcsteves
    bcsteves Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The pending transaction download and display is one of the best features added in a long time. I had no issues with it and hope it gets fixed and restored for use ASAP.
  • BarryGraham
    BarryGraham Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I like the pending transaction feature too. My biggest problem with it is that in order for them to appear in your register, you have to turn on auto-accept for downloaded transactions.  I gave that another try recently and it created too many problems.
    Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My biggest problem with it is that in order for them to appear in your register, you have to turn on auto-accept for downloaded transactions. 
    I don't think that was true.  I personally used auto-accept so I didn't test this, but almost every SuperUser that posts in this thread has auto-accept off, and they were reporting seeing the pending transactions in their register.

From what I could tell the pending transactions feature works(ed) like showing your reminders in the register.  As in, they didn't go through the Downloaded Transactions tab they just appear in the register, and they behave "special" where you can't delete them and such.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • luvboating
    luvboating Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @GermanBlueRam said:
    > You should be able to see it at the lower right hand corner of the register for your Express Web Connect+ account.  Look for the hourglass as mentioned above.

Thanks for the screenshot. I have Quicken Deluxe 44.27 and the hourglass is not anywhere on the screen.
This discussion has been closed.