Pending Transactions x

Options

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Did you just update to R44.20?
    R44.20 includes a new feature for downloads of pending transactions.  These pending transactions don't get added into the Account Register balance but they do get added to the balance of the account in the Accounts Bar on the left.
    Hopefully, Quicken will be releasing a fix for this issue soon.  Until then, to resolve the issue now: 
    • At the bottom of the Account Register just to the left of Ending Balance you will see an hourglass with a downward pointing triangle. 
    • Click on that hourglass and then select Hide Pending Transactions.
    Does this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• echollis
    echollis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Banking registers can now display Pending Transactions. You can now choose to display Pending Transactions if they are available for download from your financial institution. This allows you to see bank and credit card activity sooner, even before the transaction has cleared. You can turn this feature on or off. If on, you can choose to include or exclude pending transaction values from your running balance.
  • xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    yes I am seeing this. if I go to the account the balance is correct but the account summary is all over the place. Especially with my checking and savings accounts
  • System
    System Member admin
    edited October 2022
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Bank Pending Transactions.
  • Randy Johnson
    Randy Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just downloaded Deluxe R44.23, but option to exclude pendings from balances is still grayed out for me. Sad thing is, this could be a useful option, but what a poor rollout. The default should never be to change existing behavior for something like this. Would be nice to hear from someone at Quicken tell us they are going to fix it.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @jlspitzer said:
    > It looks like the pending transactions $ are being deducted from the account value in the accounts summary section. If I have already entered the transaction in my register, the $ are being deducted twice. Is anyone else seeing this?

The accounts list balance appears to be the "online ending" balance which includes pending transactions at the bank. The ending balance underneath the register would not be the same since it would not include the pending at the bank. Since you entered the pending manually, the account list balance would include the deduction of the pending at the bank and the pending you entered until such time it is downloaded and
    matched. That's how I interpret all this.
  • xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is an example of what I am seeing:

Example 1:

Online Balance - 1337.01
    Current Balance - 1337.01
    Pending Transaction - 100.00

Account Summary List - 1437.01

Example 2:

Online Balance - 640.86
    Current Balance - 640.86
    Pending Transactions - -1575.00 (these have actually cleared and reconciled)

Account Summary - -934.14

In this example, the account summary never cleared the duplicate transactions. Also, this started happening with the change in Bank of America connections.
  • xpmurph48
    xpmurph48 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok, I think I solved it, on the account next to the ending balance, there is a green hourglass, select the drop-down and select Hide Pending Transactions. This seemed to solve my issue.
  • dh78751
    dh78751 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No details on HOW to turn this feature ON/Off.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The pending transactions you mention are on the bank transaction list (website) or just in Quicken? When downloaded did they match or did you match manually. Some of this is new to me. My experience was different. I had a pending cc charge that was the exact difference between the accounts list and register balance. When i downloaded, the pending went away and both balances matched. I've turned off pending as for me it doesn't help. I manage pending myself and I use online billpay but those don't show as pending at the bank in the pay account transaction list until paid. They only show online under billpay-activity so I manually enter those and they match at download. Not as clean as direct connect. So far things have worked.
  • Ben
    Ben Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My paycheck posted on Friday, and it's still showing pending today. And it doubles the deposit. One for my manually entered paycheck, and one for the pending transaction that still hasn't matched and posted.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Windows Premiere
    Just updated to 44.23 but no option for pending downloads either at the register hourglass or Preferences. Not greyed, just not there.
    Is there another setting that is required before enabling the option?
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dh78751- agreed the documentaiton to turn off is poor.... at the bottom of EACH register, there is a TINY hour glass sitting just to the left of the "ending balance"; click the dropdown assciated with the dropdown - you will see the option to a) turn off the pending or b) leave the pending on, but not include them in the balances, 
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Unfortunately, the problem is the Quicken Account List balance entry....
    it doesn't "match" any of the "balances" when showing "Pending Transactions".
    - Online Bal - Current Bal - Ending Bal -
    A - if the Pending Transactions are showing, the Account List balance doesn't match any of the footer listed balances.
    B - if the Pending Transactions are NOT showing - then the Account List balance matches as it always did
    However, Reconcile still works either way.... at least on mine - R43.26 -

You can change how all this works with the Pending Transactions… there is a little “hourglass icon” at the bottom of each Register- same line as “balances” that turns ON/OFF the showing/inclusion of Pending Transactions- this resolves the mismatch… 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• mjr.xvii
    mjr.xvii Member
    Options
    Thanks, problem solved.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great!  Thank you for confirming.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Under the accounts list on the left, I have it set to show ending balance in the account bar. However, after paying off a balance, it is still showing a $667.84 balance. The balance is ZERO. It shows correctly in the account itself, but not in the accounts list. Frustrated.
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Sounds like what you have is correct if you actually have pending transactions at your bank. As it looks to me showing pending the account list is the online ending balance. Turning pending off the account list becomes online current balance. Under your register (footer) the online balance is always online current balance. Thus turning off pending the account list online will match registry (footer) online. That's how I see it working. May not be a bad way to handle. With pending on you can see both online current and online ending if my theory is correct.
  • kylekm
    kylekm Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I hate the pending transactions feature, and there are no clear nor obvious instructions to turn it off globally nor by register. Please get rid of [Removed - Language] feature, or at least provide detailed (with step-by-step instructions and screenshots) as to how to turn it off!!
  • JerryG
    JerryG Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have exactly the same issue. However it is only incorrect on the CitiBank account. All others accounts on the account bar are accurate.
  • JerryG
    JerryG Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just figured out what is happening in my case. If you look at the bottom of your account register you will see 3 line items. Downloaded items (0) Bill and income reminders(0) and Pending transactions(x). Open the pending transactions and you will see the amount being added into you account bar. If you look at the bottom of your register you will see an icon that looks like an hour glass (X) with a down arrow(chevron). Click on that and turn off the Pending feature. That should fix the issue.
  • bpalm
    bpalm Member
    Options
    > @JerryG said:
    > I just figured out what is happening in my case. If you look at the bottom of your account register you will see 3 line items. Downloaded items (0) Bill and income reminders(0) and Pending transactions(x). Open the pending transactions and you will see the amount being added into you account bar. If you look at the bottom of your register you will see an icon that looks like an hour glass (X) with a down arrow(chevron). Click on that and turn off the Pending feature. That should fix the issue.

This fixed my issue...thank you so much!!
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    For my BankAmericard account Quicken is downloading Pending Transactions and adding the total to the balance shown in my register to create a balance in my Transaction Bar. This is confusing because the pending transactions are often placeholders or incorrect. In addition I already have all of my transactions posted in my register so the amounts that quicken places in the transaction bar will never be correct. How do I stop Quicken downloading and including them in my Transaction Bar balance?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look in the bottom balances row of the register. There's a new hourglass icon there. Click it and it will allow you to hide the pending transactions.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    This started for me today as well.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It might be the new feature for showing pending transactions.  See this thread for how to turn off pending transactions 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920731/new-pending-transaction-shows-incorrect-total-on-menu 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kylekm - see my post above for instructions on how to turn off 
  • KennyGolub
    KennyGolub Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @volvogirl said:
    > It might be the new feature for showing pending transactions.  See this thread for how to turn off pending transactions 
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920731/new-pending-transaction-shows-incorrect-total-on-menu 

That was the issue. I had to turn off pending transactions. Thank you !!!!
  • ladychow
    ladychow Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @xpmurph48 said:
    > yes I am seeing this. if I go to the account the balance is correct but the account summary is all over the place. Especially with my checking and savings accounts

This absolutely solved my issue. I tried restoring from backup and redownloading and it came up with the same wrong balance in the summary section. VERY frustrating but thank you for posting this. I would NEVER have figured this out on my own.
  • Chip
    Chip Member ✭✭
    Options
    Pending transactions is causing incorrect account balances in the all transactions windows. This in addition to having to constantly reset accounts to get cleared transactions to load properly.
This discussion has been closed.