Pending Transactions x

Options

Answers

• Ted Gallagher
    Ted Gallagher Member ✭✭
    Options
    44.23. One account's balance on the left side includes pending transactions but these pending transactions do not appear in the register nor does the balance inside the register include any pending transactions. So the two balances (the one on the left and the one inside the register) do not match. I cannot find any way to fix it.
  • jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @xpmurph48 said:
    > Ok, I think I solved it, on the account next to the ending balance, there is a green hourglass, select the drop-down and select Hide Pending Transactions. This seemed to solve my issue.

This fixed my issue. Thank you!
  • tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Rocket J,
    I really appreciate your help.
    PJ
  • Jmalibu
    Jmalibu Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi - I have Desktop Premier and recently made the Chase download update. My pending transactions are now reflected in my account balances in the toolbar, and when I try to change the option to not show pending transactions ad the bottom of the register, the balances still do not adjust. This is for my checking account. I've restarted quicken and tried everything I can think of.
  • Jerry Pederson
    Jerry Pederson Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The current totals for my Chase accounts that are shown on the account listing differ from the current totals shown in the corresponding account register. 

Has anyone experienced this?  If so, is there a solution?

For all other financial institutions, the current totals are the same.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You might want to read this discussion thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20302235#Comment_20302235.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Jerry Pederson
    Options
    Great and thanks.

Now Quicken needs to get on with resolving the problem instead of the customer using a bandaid to resolve Quicken's problem.
  • kylekm
    kylekm Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mark1104. I don't understand your instructions, which were "click the drop down associated with the drop down"... I'm not following at all, and I spent a good deal of time trying. I'm getting pretty fed up with Quicken's lack of testing and thinking processes through. Why on EARTH would I want more pending transactions on top of transactions I've already entered manually into my register? It duplicates the expense and screws up my register. So for now, yet AGAIN, I've had to disable "one step" updates (and they are NOT one step...the name is silly)
  • galahad
    galahad Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for a fast "fixed" Spent 2 hours on the telephone with Quicken Support to apply band aid to deal with the 5 problems the " updated" created. Quicken must stop creating more problems by attempting revisions.
  • Jerry Pederson
    Options
    Hi, Boatnmaniac:
    I am Curious. The Hourglass symbol does not appear on my other financial accounts but only on the Chase accounts  Is this a result of a redesign effort by Quicken to address the Chase problem?

Thanks, just curious.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The hourglass icon only appears on EWC or EWC+ accounts. The icon provides the option to show/hide pending transactions. Direct Connect accounts do not have this "option" and thus, no icon.
  • Hbh3
    Hbh3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here but only in my checking account. When will this be fixed?
  • kylekm
    kylekm Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've attached an IMAGE Of where to turn OFF the pending transactions (hide them) OR not include them in the account balance. Quicken COULD have gotten a clue and done this AGES ago in online help! Their response times to big issues is just horrid!! The hour class is NOT the one on the register/pending line, it is at the BOTTOM Of the register and on the far right. Click on the HOURGLASS drop down arrow in the photo and you will find the two options I mentioned. Pending transactions. What a horrid "feature!!"
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi, Boatnmaniac:
    I am Curious. The Hourglass symbol does not appear on my other financial accounts but only on the Chase accounts  Is this a result of a redesign effort by Quicken to address the Chase problem?

Thanks, just curious.

(Edited: See italics below for correction.)
    The download of pending transactions is a project that Quicken has been working on for quite some time.  I remember seeing some things floating around about it last winter from some Beta users (people who are involved in testing out features/improvements that are in development) before the Moderators reminded them that they are not to discuss anything they learn from the Beta program.
    The download of pending transactions at this time applies only to spending accounts set up with Express Web Connect (EWC) and Express Web Connect+ (EWC+).   Direct Connect (DC) and Web Connect (WC) do not at this time offer download of pending transactions.
    I've noticed that some of my EWC/EWC+ accounts are not downloading pending transactions but others are.  My guess is that some but not all financial institutions have opted into this.  What gets downloaded is, after all, still largely a decision that is owned by the financial institutions.
    In addition, the hourglass will only be present where pending transactions have been downloaded. (Deleted because it is not accurate.  This comment was based on earlier observations but I have identified some EWC/EWC+ accounts that show the hourglass but there are no pending transactions that have been downloaded.)
    It is not unique to Chase or designed to address a Chase problem.  It was in the works long before Chase announced that they were replacing DC and EWC with EWC+. Increasingly financial institutions are reporting account balances with pending transactions taken into account.  Adding the ability to include pending balances to what is downloaded into Quicken allows users to see similar information that they might see on the website and gives users a preview of transactions that will soon be downloaded into their accounts.  That is something that can be especially valuable to those who are trying to manage low balance checking accounts or high balance credit cards so they don't run into overdraft or over-credit line situations.
    Unfortunately, the new function has some problems, like the one this thread is about.  Another issue that has been reported is that pending transactions are sometimes being entered into Account Registers which can then prevent reconciliation from be completed.  (Both of these things will self-resolve within a day or two but they certainly can be frustrating.)  I know Quicken is aware of and working on these issues.  What I don't know is how soon they will be resolved.  Hopefully it will not be too long.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Thomas Nettesheim
    Thomas Nettesheim Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The balance shown in my Chase register differs from the balance shown in the Account Column. The difference seems to be that the Account Column reflects pending transactions while the register does not.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hbh3 said:
    Same issue here but only in my checking account. When will this be fixed?
    All you need to do is to select whether to show or hide pending transactions in your account register. See the discussion I pointed to earlier, especially the included images for help finding the settings.

• RaviBank
    RaviBank Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I have a credit card account with a zero balance online and in my register. However, the account bar for this account displays a persistent balance. Switching the account bar preferences to show either current or ending balances changes nothing. Any thoughts besides validating the file I should try?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    It’s the new Pending Transactions feature. 
    You can turn it off by clicking the tiny “hourglass” at the bottom of the Register
    I have been going thru and asking Mods to MERGE the various similar postings...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• RaviBank
    RaviBank Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you. Simple and elegant.
  • tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I've recently noticed that several sidebar balances are different then the account register balance they represent.  Seems to have occurred in latest upgrade I believe.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Further. This is getting messy.  The sidebar appears to be showing the online balance that includes transactions that are processing but not cleared.  The register is not showing these uncleared transactions.  

I have another issue happening where transfer $ from one account to another are showing correct balances although the transfer amount is not showing in the account that was transferred to. 

Both of these are recent problems I believe since the last upgrade.  As I update accounts I'm seeing more of these types of issues. 
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please read this discussion about the new function to include/exclude pending transactions in EWC or EWC+ connected accounts. Applies to R 43.xx or R 44.xx Quicken versions. Not available for DC connected accounts and offline accounts.  See the included images for help finding the settings.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7920731/new-pending-transaction-shows-incorrect-total-on-menu 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you folks LOOKING at the bottom of the Register - and the NEW feature line item for - Pending Transactions ?
    You can click on the "hourglass" icon - and turn the Pending ON/OFF - which should match the balances -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Fire_
    Fire_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    The solution by Dave22 doesn't work for me, it doesn't change any amounts, and I did the math for each pending transaction, and I can't find a combination of them than would make the accounts pane match. Quicken support have me on hold now for 6 hours.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @raviBank - yes, validating the file should solve that problem....
  • Gopher651
    Gopher651 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Lots of confusion here. I take these changes as Quicken gives us two ways to handle pending charges
    1. Turn off show pending charges. This option a person could manually enter a pending charge in their register. When the charge posts Quicken will then match and clear. Your register balance and account list balances should match
    2. Turn on show pending charges. This option would be best for not entering pending charges in your register. The register balance shows true balance of what has cleared and the account list shows balance with pending. You can see the separated pending by clicking the tab. This method may be best with "hold" type charges since there is a risk of change and a manual entry may not get
    updated before downloaded.
    I manage my pending. I use BoA bank pay from web. Turn on BoA ebills and notification so I get an email from BoA, go to billpay and I have a bill to enter date click pay. Don't have to scroll for payee. The problem is these payments do not appear as pending in my bank checking account so Quicken knows nothing about them. I manually enter and they match after download. I do believe Quicken could do a better job of explaining design intent for these changes. Just my 2¢ on how I see all this.
  • Fire_
    Fire_ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Never mind, Dave22's proposed solution worked, you may need to use the magnifying glass - WindowsKey plus the equals sign - to find the correct down arrow, the hourglass icon is there but I couldn't see it until I magnified the screen. WindowsKey plus Esc removes the magnifier.
  • tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this a new feature?  I'm not seeing this option to turn on or off pending charges.  This is something new that is happening in the program.  Thanks for responding.
  • tkstaple
    tkstaple Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, I just noticed this was merged with other inquiries so didn't read previous responses.  I wouldn't mind keeping pending transactions on if they would show in the register but they are hidden, at least for mine.  Is there a way to show pending transactions?
This discussion has been closed.