After R45.7/.11/.13 Upgrade - Securities Comparison Mismatch (Multiple FIs) [Edited]

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All, I was asked to ask you all what you are seeing when you are in the Online Center. Specifically the As of Date and if the mismatched securities are in the holdings there. If you, select Compare to Portfolio you should get the mismatch screen in those situations.

Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean
    The As of Date for me today is:

• RedCab
    RedCab Member ✭✭
    @bmciance said:

Here is another intereseting tidbit which I wonder if others are seeing. All of the stocks that are reporting zero shares are shown at the bottom of the list in the online center. It happens that way in all 4 of my accounts.

Looked at mine... and I see the same behavior. All listed alphabetically at the end.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Hi All, I was asked to ask you all what you are seeing when you are in the Online Center. Specifically the As of Date and if the mismatched securities are in the holdings there. If you, select Compare to Portfolio you should get the mismatch screen in those situations.

Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean
    I am running Quicken Windows R45.13. My version of this issue is with two TIAA accounts, all securities using Direct Connect to process a QFX file downloaded from TIAA.

Online Center showed As of Date 11/21/2022 11:07:09 AM for both accounts. The Balances tab showed correctly Cash, Margin, Short as Zero. The Holdings tab showed all securities held in the accounts with the correct balances. The Compare to Portfolio for both accounts showed "Securities Comparison Mismatch" with all securities showing Shares Reported as Zero and Shares in Quicken with correct balances from Quicken.

I went to the TIAA web site and downloaded current Quicken QFX data file (for year to date) Tiaa-Cref20221129. Processed the file in Quicken. Transactions from yesterday for one account correctly posted to Quicken. The other had no transactions yesterday.

After processing:

Online Center showed As of Date 11/29/2022 5:01:58 AM for both accounts. The Balances tab showed correctly Cash, Margin, Short as Zero. The Holdings tab showed all securities held in the accounts with the correct balances from the TIAA web site.  The Compare to Portfolio for both accounts showed "Securities Comparison Mismatch" with all securities showing Shares Reported as Zero and Shares in Quicken with up-to-date balances in Quicken except for the TIAA Traditional security.  In the Holdings tab for the TIAA accounts, the security TIAA Traditional, showed the correct balances at the TIAA web site but the Quicken holdings for that security were out of date. This is not unusual as I have always had to manually post TIAA Traditional daily interest to resolve mismatch for that security.

I should also note that because of this problem I had previously changed the following:

Edit >> Preferences >> Downloaded Transactions >> Compare account portfolio after download >> Settings unchecked both TIAA accounts.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • UshiLeigh
    UshiLeigh Member ✭✭
    Hi, I also have TIAA accounts. I switched my accounts to the Simple Investing and now my accounts download with the correct number of shares. I did update the the latest version of Quicken. I would prefer to stay with the Complete Investing. Do we have an update on this issue?
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Thanks. My TIAA an account is the one having problem going to a zero balance. It’s a fixed account and it shows zero with the updates. Can’t wait till they fix this. Quality control has gone downhill.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Member ✭✭✭

Thanks! 

-Quicken Janean

“As of 11/09/22” shows in first column for seven different securities and lists 7,252.875 Shares Reported by Fidelity and the same qty of Shares in Quicken.  Neither matches close to the actual shares held.

In the second column, “As of 11/29/22” (today’s Direct Connect result) again inaccurately lists 7,252,875 Shares Reported by Fidelity for those seven securities.  However, the 11/29/22 “Shares in Quicken” qty correctly equals current double digit fidelity.com values.

All mismatches are stocks; no REITs or mutual funds involved.  Quantity of many other stocks in the account align correctly between Shares Reported by Fidelity and Shares in Qn.  

Reported and actual qty mismatch happens with only one of eight different routinely downloaded Fidelity Brokerage Accounts.  All use Qn Direct Connect as Connection Method.  Seven of eight accounts remain accurate so far.

Currently use Quicken v45.13.  Quicken User for >25 yrs. 

• Mike D300
    Mike D300 Member ✭✭
    Maybe I'm not a very understanding person, but I believe that this problem has been going on for much too long. I can't believe the software developers, engineers, etc., can't fix this NOW. We know that before the first 45.XX update, this problem didn't exist. Instead of asking US to explain all of the different ways this problem is showing up in our updates, Quicken software people should be able to run sample data files to see the problem for themselves. For my part, I would rather work with 44.XX and not have any of the "improvements" that came with 45.XX. I really think that there should not be any further updates until they can be sure that this is fixed.

NOT HAPPY!
  • Dominic
    Dominic Member ✭✭✭
    I agree 100%.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    ditto
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • wrighjww
    wrighjww Member ✭✭
    I agree completely with Mike D300. I have been a Quicken user for 29 years and can't remember a release that was so poorly tested before release, nor one that has taken so long to correct a problem of their own making. It reflects poorly upon their capabilities.
  • mryan1012
    mryan1012 Member
    edited November 2022
    After update R45.13, The number of shares say that they don't match my fidelity account. For example Quicken says that there are says I have 0 shares of stock (Ford). They want me to place a place holder BUT when I look in my Fidelity account (my actual Account) it clearly shows that I do have 17 shares of Ford.

It is wrong many other stocks also.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple problems with the entire R45 release.  I'd suggest that you download and install R44.28 from here:

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• psc
    psc Member
    I am having same problem with R45.13 too. Curiously, the amount of shares reported for the mismatched stock is the same exact quantity (to the third decimal point) of a mutual fund holding. That can't be a coincidence. The symbols aren't remotely similar.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @psc,

I would suggest that you take the following steps to fix your problem"

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then open and download this LINK;
    3) Page down and then under Windows (US) - click on "October" - and then on the "release R44-28" link to start the download:
    4) Once the download of has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file) the filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or tell me how that all went.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• bizbuyer
    bizbuyer Member ✭✭
    I followed Frankx's instructions and it worked like a charm. Thanks Frankx!
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Running R45.13. I've had this mismatch issue with Fidelity shares vs. Quicken shares for over a week. It might have been longer but had just got additional shares downloaded due to dividend reinvestment.

The first time, I deleted the downloaded transactions and just manually entered them. Today, I have additional reinvestments and had the mismatch again. I accepted them and had the mismatch error in Quicken appear again. I ignored it and closed the error popup. I went into holdings in Quicken and the number of shares for the downloaded securities matched my actual Fidelity account.

So, at least in my case, the downloaded transactions are accurate, but I just get the mismatch error. I ignore it.

Saturday will be a real test as I have 5 securities reinvesting dividends today. I won't update Fidelity in Quicken until Saturday, so we'll see.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • NormG85
    NormG85 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with a TIAA account. Comparison of Quicken holdings shows that there are zero holdings in my account
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's multiple problems with R45.  I'd suggest dropping back by downloading and installing R44.28 from here:https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mginsb8724
    mginsb8724 Member ✭✭
    I also have multiple Fidelity accounts and was having similar issues. Interestingly, it was only occurring in one of the accounts but about 10% of my holdings were not reconciling correctly. With more that 60 holdings, it is imperative that the program reconcile correctly. It is quite distressing that this has not been corrected yet.
    I followed Frankx's instructions to go back to 44.28 and it worked perfectly.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    If you roll back to R44.28, when do you know to accept new updates?
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    I also reverted back to R44.28 and all 15 new Fidelity transactions downloaded today were accepted and I did not get a mismatch error.

I confirmed that the new quantities in Quicken matched my actual online Fidelity account.

Thanks!

- Jim S.
  • rotygolf
    rotygolf Member ✭✭✭
    Rolling back to R44.28 works. When will we know when we can accept a new update from Quicken. I'd like to hear a reply from a Quicken Employee ASAP.
  • For the past month my download for my shares from Edward Jones reflects a mismatch of shares reported as 0.00. If I select, create a placeholder my shares are all zeroed out leaving a near 0.00 balance. What is causing this issue?
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the main discussion on this issue which is a bug introduced recently:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20318477#Comment_20318477

FYI - I would never accept to create a placeholder.

• SMCHome
    SMCHome Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I have 5 securities that continue to appear in the Securities Mismatch Comparison window every time I open this particular account.
    My account balances correctly with monthly statements unless I add a placeholder which I've tried on one security. When I did, my account no longer balanced to the statement so I deleted the placeholder and the account returned to the correct balance.
    Two of the five securities listed as a Put, one is a Call and two have no type of transaction.
    I would be happy to simply delete these securities that appear in the window, but so far I've not been able to find a way to do this.
    Any suggestions on how I might resolve this are greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • bizbuyer
    bizbuyer Member ✭✭
    SMCHome, please read the instructions above posted by Frankx. It seems to have solved the problem for everyone who tried them.

I realize some folks come here because they are experiencing a problem, while other folks keep an eye on the forum to be aware of any problems occurring. It is crazy to expect all to read all of the forum posts, but I don't understand how folks experiencing a problem can't bother to read ALL of the posts related to the problem that they're having.

In my opinion, Quicken has done a darn good job keeping up with all of the changes that banks and investment firms have made in the last year. I'm disappointed that things don't always work like I think they should, but in most cases they are corrected relatively soon or posters suggest workaround solutions.

I watch the forums to see what problems people are reporting, whether they are widespread or not, and whether there is a solution or workaround for the problem. I appreciate the folks reporting their problems and the folks providing solutions/workarounds. I will upgrade when it appears that my current problem with share differences between Quicken and my investment company seems to be resolved.

Thanks to the great folks providing answers to us users experiencing problems!

Regards,
    bizbuyer
  • SMCHome
    SMCHome Member ✭✭
    Appreciate your response. However, I was not clear on what I am trying to learn. I don't believe my particular problem was caused by a Quicken update. I think it is due to my brokerage making errors and then correcting them. For whatever reason, it appears the correction did not download and all of this occurred months ago and there have been no issues since then.
    What I want to do is delete these transactions in the Securities Mismatch Comparison window. I do not want to roll back any software updates. Several years ago I experienced this same thing, but I don't recall the process and was hoping someone might know this procedure.
    I agree with you that Quicken does a great job and the forums are most helpful. I did read what others had posted, but as previously stated, rolling back is not what I'm looking for. I should have phrased my initial post differently I now see. I love using Quicken!
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMCHome said:
    Appreciate your response. However, I was not clear on what I am trying to learn. I don't believe my particular problem was caused by a Quicken update. I think it is due to my brokerage making errors and then correcting them. For whatever reason, it appears the correction did not download and all of this occurred months ago and there have been no issues since then.
    What I want to do is delete these transactions in the Securities Mismatch Comparison window. I do not want to roll back any software updates. Several years ago I experienced this same thing, but I don't recall the process and was hoping someone might know this procedure.
    I agree with you that Quicken does a great job and the forums are most helpful. I did read what others had posted, but as previously stated, rolling back is not what I'm looking for. I should have phrased my initial post differently I now see. I love using Quicken!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Since your issue is unrelated to the topic of this discussion, you should start your own new discussion. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SMCHome
    SMCHome Member ✭✭
    Agreed and did,
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    On startup today, Quicken installed the R45.13 update automatically. I was not given any option to decline it.

So, I'll have to revert back again! How do you stop Quicken from doing this on startup?

- Jim S.
This discussion has been closed.