Can't purchase in Canada - Postal code issue

asmajda
asmajda Member ✭✭
I've been trying to purchase Quicken Deluxe for >1hr. I have been chatting with "Max" from support for ~45min. Every "solution" brings us back to the purchase page where I am required to enter a zip code (no option for postal code). I can see that this issue has been unresolved for over 1 year. It is really surprising that Quicken is missing out on the Canadian market by making the online purchasing process impossible. Ultimately the solution Max and I settled on was for him to call me, and I gave him my purchasing details over the phone. This process has made me very concerned about the quality of this product. I really hope I do not regret the decision to purchase.

In 2022, for the consumer to be unable to easily purchase the product online is embarrassing. Quicken should fire its web development team.

Comments

• asmajda
    asmajda Member ✭✭
    On second thought, I am not going to purchase this product. If Quicken can't get something as simple as postal code v/s zip code correct, how can I trust them with access to my banking information? Quicken should be embarrassed. This is ridiculous.
  • asmajda
    asmajda Member ✭✭
    To clarify, Max was awesome. He did everything he could to help, the issue is just too concerning.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The work-around is to use ANY VALID zip code. It will not affect the usage of Quicken.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're trying to purchase the Canadian version of Quicken, shouldn't you be purchasing from https://www.quicken.com/canada/product-selector-ca ?
  • It doesn't matter if you start at https://www.quicken.com/canada/product-selector-ca - you still end up back at https://www.quicken.com/shoppingcart/customer-info/canada in order to pay for it - which is prompting for a zip code as mentioned above. If the zip code doesn't matter, then why is it there in the first place ?
  • Entering any zip code was a workaround - use Quicken Corp headquarters 94025 which is at the bottom of the screen.
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Try entering the Postal Code in the ZIP field.......
    The referenced "Zip Code" field accepts a postal code. It is a mislabeled field, but not a showstopper.

This is another example of the large amount of incorrect information, incorrect terms, incorrect references on the Quicken Canada site - as discussed elsewhere.
  • Arctic Hare
    JP Parkin said:
    Entering any zip code was a workaround - use Quicken Corp headquarters 94025 which is at the bottom of the screen.
    This is for payment details. Typically, the credit card authentication process checks the postal code provided in payment details against the address (i.e. postal code) on record and if they don't match it may reject the transaction.

The better "workaround" is simply to use the actual proper postal code - in the "zip code" field.
  • Diana
    Diana Member ✭✭✭
    I had this same problem a year ago.  Turned out I was on the US quicken site.  The lovely quicken.ca had somehow sent me there "accidentally" because I was perusing different links on the site.  Eventually I found the correct webpage and everything worked.
  • Arctic Hare
    Diana said:
    I had this same problem a year ago.  Turned out I was on the US quicken site.  The lovely quicken.ca had somehow sent me there "accidentally" because I was perusing different links on the site.  Eventually I found the correct webpage and everything worked.
    That being said, the current Quicken Canadian website for purchasing a subscription to the Canadian product requests a ZIP code, not a postal code; however, it accepts a postal code.
  • PEBSMT
    PEBSMT Member
    I'm trying to renew my Canadian subscription. I changed the subscription type and when I went to purchase, it takes me to a screen that asks for zip code even though I started at Quicken.ca. Contrary to the above assertion, it will not accept my Canadian postal code. I suppose I could enter some other zip code, but it does concern me that something as simple as this is still a problem. Im surprised that this has not been fixed. Usually issues with the payment process are high priority for a company to fix as this can impact their revenue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given that this has been going on for years, gives you an idea of what kind of "support" Canadian users will get.  Quicken Windows Canadian is Quicken Windows US with lipstick on, and that goes for the rest of the support.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Arctic Hare
    It is difficult to reconcile the experiences described above without more information, e.g. screenshots and URL, etc. If I click on the product selector link provided above and then select a product and go to the checkout, it does request a Zip Code, but it does accept a postal code - note that I haven't actually clicked the submit order button, but it doesn't indicate there is an issue with the postal code I enter and there is error checking on that field (if I add miscellaneous letter or number to my postal code it errors out).
This discussion has been closed.