How to remedy a blank screen on startup of Cash Manager 2015 new install?

Bevinb
Bevinb Member
I got a new PC, installed Cash Manager 2015 from my CD, installed the R6 patch. When I go to open my file, it asks for the password, I put it in, then I get - nothing. The program is open with the name of my file at top left. Thought I would try validate - when I do that while validation is running I can see the Quicken display just like I should, but then when the validation is done, the results screen pops up and the display is back to a white screen.....HELP!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What country are you in?  What specific product?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though not exact, this thread might help you get running again:

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Bevinb
    Bevinb Member
    I already tried the ideas in the forum mentioned by splasher. nothing works.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, if the copying of the Quicken.ini doesn't work you are basically out of luck other than buying the Subscription version to get access to the data.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Bevinb
    Bevinb Member
    Success! Here is what I did but I don't know what made it work. First, I did an uninstall with Revo Uninstaller. I noticed the install did an update while installing which seemed odd on such old software. So I installed offline. Then I did move a quicken.ini file from a previously working Quicken on a different computer - but at this time that install gave me the same blank screen even though I had done nothing to change it. I don't use it often but last time I used it it had been working. Still the same result -white screen on startup. But I had several backups so I just went and opened one of those and that worked fine. Then I saved it as my default QDF file and now it works. What a relief. I did have to re-do about 10 days of entries but didn't mind since it was working.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad you got it to work.  I have one suggestion and that is to disable your network whenever you use Quicken.  Quicken makes checks periodically and it would be best if it wasn’t able to connect to the Quicken servers for those checks that might mess things up.  Note that if you are using WiFi you can just put it in Airplane mode.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.