How do I process a FULL refund of my Quicken Subscription

I travel extensively for work outside North America and when I needed to work on my accounts abroad, I was locked out of my account with no zero access despite reaching out to every form of support. It was not documented anywhere when I subscribed that quicken does not work outside North America. This cost me and my business financial losses as I could not access critical financial information. I have never experienced anything as poor as this in this age where preventing access by geographic location is a thing of the past. I need a full refund. Choosing Quicken was a costly mistake.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @rabz01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For refund inquiries, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will have the necessary tools available in order to fulfill this request, that this channel, unfortunately, does not.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rabz01
    rabz01 Member
    Your support says "too bad, you should have asked the question if the service works outside North America"... really? who does places limits on geo-location in this day and age? I paid for a service that was not provided, this is not fair. I will not be recommending Quicken to anyone.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @rabz01 Just curious: are you saying you weren't able to even launch Quicken Mac when you were outside the US? Or that you weren't able to use online features, like downloading transactions, making online bill payments, getting security price updates, etc? From many user reports, Quicken does work outsize the US, but online services probably don't for security reasons.

What country were you in? It may be that certain countries known to have more cybercrime issues are blocked by IP address.

Do you have a VPN? Quicken often has issues when users are using a VPN.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, how long ago did you purchase your copy of Quicken?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • rabz01
    rabz01 Member
    purchased in June. No VPN, my business disallows use of vpn
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, you're outside the 30-day return window. Why can't you use a VPN when only using Quicken. Other posters have successfully used Quicken outside of the US using a VPN connection to a US server.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @rabz01 You answered one of my questions about the VPN, but not the others.

Where in the world were you when you tried to use Quicken?

What exactly did you see? Could you launch Quicken? You couldn't see the main Quicken window at all? Did it ask you to log in? 

As I said, many people use Quicken outside the US, so it's probably just a matter of pinning down what the issue is.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.