Is there a solution to the Merrill connection problem?

Steve G Z
Steve G Z Member ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Holdings prices don't update unless you log into the account online and download Quicken data

Comments

• Hello @Steve G Z,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. How long have you been experiencing this issue? Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to initiate an automatic download of prices? What is the connection method with Merrill? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. 

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Steve G Z
    Steve G Z Member ✭✭
    Issue developed last week of November. No error messages. "Improve Connection" is shown in Account List. When I click on that, it says I need a "Direct Connect Login to use this service". The link has me sign into my account, but there is nothing there to establish a Direct Connect login. I tried using the search tool to find Direct Connect somewhere on the Merrill website, but no luck. If I download account data from the website, prices do update, but that is and extra step that I don't have to do with any other accounts.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Steve G Z,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you right-click the account name in the account list on the left sidebar, select Edit/Delete Account, and then navigate to the Online Services tab, does it tell you which connection method is currently being used there (this info should be located under the "Online Setup" section)?

If it does not say Direct Connect there, you may need to contact Merrill Lynch directly and ask how Direct Connect can be established as some financial institutions require that they authorize/activate it on their end first before being able to set it up in Quicken.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• msmensik
    msmensik Member ✭✭
    Merrill seems to have “grandfathered” old accounts, although it takes hours to synch. But adding new Merrill account in Quicken for Mac now only allows for “simple” downloads, not Direct Connect (option greyed out). Merrill help desk doesn’t have answer. Quicken seems to “close” discussions of Merrill issues before they are resolved. Any suggestions? Why can’t Quicken work out these problems with Merrill directly?
This discussion has been closed.