New Invoices are Stamped with "No Payment Due"

See the screenshot attached. For the past few weeks, new invoices open with "No Payment Due" stamped on them in the upper right corner. The stamp remains on the invoice for as long as I have it open and add information, such as a payment amount.

How about making new invoices blank, like they used to be? This change is not an improvement and does not make the product better.

Running version R45.13, Build 27.1.45.13, Windows 10 enterprise.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an active alert regarding the "No Payment Due" message appearing on invoices. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• ehull9
    ehull9 Member
    I agree with this. I have always printed out blank invoices for writing out by hand when going to a customer's site. Having the "No Payment Due" print on the blank invoice does not help matters!
  • Hello @Mr Toole to You and @ehull9,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Twyatt3
    Twyatt3 Member
    How do I remove the “No payment Due” on the new invoice template?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an active alert regarding the "No Payment Due" message appearing on invoices. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• ronmarr
    ronmarr Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    [Removed - Rant]
  • ronmarr
    ronmarr Member ✭✭
    Sorry, end of the month and time to invoice.
  • I'm in the mood to rant but I'll stick to the topic. However, it is disheartening that there are so few responses about this issue. If you're a Home and Business user and you use Quicken to invoice customers and receive money, this is a NOT a good thing.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this issue is caused by a recent patch release, perhaps reverting to an earlier patch release will resolve the issue? 

You can download prior patch versions, like R44.28,   from here:

You'll then need to install it.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Is that how this application works - each end user cobbling together the combination of working parts they need? What do I do when a new release brings back the bug?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that how this application works - each end user cobbling together the combination of working parts they need? What do I do when a new release brings back the bug?
    I’m just another Quicken user suggesting a workaround for the issue you are facing. It’s totally your choice to try the workaround or await a fix from Quicken Inc.  

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Thanks for the suggestion. It's not so serious that I can't live with the blank invoice saying "No payment due." The message goes away after I fill in the lines and amounts and save it. Still, it's sloppy and careless of Quicken and reduces my faith in their product.
  • Hal Hunte
    Hal Hunte Member ✭✭
    Since upgrading to Windows Ver R45.13 all invoices now have "No payment Due" printed on them.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Hal Hunte,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hal Hunte
    Hal Hunte Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I had also received this info from Quicken support. Disappointed to hear that this issue was not picked up in testing before release. The recent news of an increase in user fees also makes this failure harder to comprehend. Wait to see how long the issue takes to be rectified. Clock is ticking!
  • kazual90
    kazual90 Member ✭✭
    YEA, i'm on with chat now and they were like it's an option they just added! I created an invoice 2 days ago and wasn't on there...now it is. I can't send out an invoice that says - 'oh i did work for you, btw no payment is due'. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?? :(
  • kazual90
    kazual90 Member ✭✭
    > @"Mr Toole to You" said:
    > Thanks for the suggestion. It's not so serious that I can't live with the blank invoice saying "No payment due." The message goes away after I fill in the lines and amounts and save it. Still, it's sloppy and careless of Quicken and reduces my faith in their product.

Mind doesn't go away when i input info...:(
  • kazual90
    kazual90 Member ✭✭
    > @kazual90 said:
    > > @Mr Toole to You said:
    > > Thanks for the suggestion. It's not so serious that I can't live with the blank invoice saying "No payment due." The message goes away after I fill in the lines and amounts and save it. Still, it's sloppy and careless of Quicken and reduces my faith in their product.
    >
    > Mind doesn't go away when i input info...:(

SORRY! Thank you...yes it does go away!!!
  • > @Mr Toole to You said:
    > The message goes away after I fill in the lines and amounts and save it.
    To clarify, the "No payment due" message remains until line items are added to the invoice, the invoice is saved, and the invoice is closed. When the invoice is re-opened, the message is gone.

After entering lines on the invoice and printing the invoice to a PDF, the message is not included in the PDF.
This discussion has been closed.