Multifactor authentication attempts failed

upstatenyer
upstatenyer Member
Getting the error below on a consistent basis:
These connections failed, and will not update:

TIAA Brokerage(n/a) - Connection to institution timed out. Please try again.
American Express(n/a) - Connection to institution timed out. Please try again.

To retry the failed connections, you'll need to start a new update.

Timeout errors are frequently caused by institutions that are experiencing unusual load or blocking connections during peak times.  In these cases, you should try again later.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2022
    Hello @upstatenyer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered turning off 2FA on the bank's website? This would make it possible to download data again, until further notice.
  • Why would anyone decide it's a good idea to reduce security on a bank website?
  • Screenshot of the error
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many banks are working on "new, improved" security measures to reduce the risk of security breaches. Every change a bank makes must be coordinated with data aggregators like Quicken and Intuit before it can be implemented.
    While that work is in progress, I'd rather continue without 2FA on the bank's website.
    The data aggregator's server is unable to receive and process 2FA prompts, thus making data downloading impossible.
This discussion has been closed.