CC-505 error downloading from Elan Financial Services account (QWIN)

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Download for this account worked last night.
This morning downloads get CC-505 error.

This is a Fidelity Rewards Card which I have downloaded from Elan Financial Services into Quicken for years.

As a workaround, I tried adding a Fidelity Rewards Credit Card account, which uses the same credentials as the Elan Financial Services login, by the way. Get an error. "Sorry.  We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)

Is anyone else experiencing Elan Financial Services problems?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have heard back from our teams and they have confirmed that this is a known issue that is being investigated, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• scsankey
    scsankey Member
    Ok...what a pain...about to give up. Yes I'm using the latest updates to Quicken on Windows 11. First of all when I try to set up direct connect it sends me to a page on Elan which is bogus...it is a marketing page with nowhere to login. Then when I try to change to fidelity rewards to logon it tells me that the site is unavailable although I can logon just fine outside Qucken. What is the problem? This type of dance has been going on for months...why is fidelity rewards showing up as unavailable and try again in a couple of hours. This download feature is the main reason I use quicken
  • Alan11
    Alan11 Member ✭✭
    Me too! As of 9:40 am ET 12/21. Hope both parties sort it out quickly. :o
  • WJG170
    WJG170 Member
    Me as well. As of 9am ET 12/21/2022.
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am also experiencing the same error CC-505 Fidelity VISA (Elan)
  • Harold Rosenbaum
    Harold Rosenbaum Member ✭✭✭
    Yep, two days now. I changed auto reconciliation to manual and was able to get it back in balance. Though I changed the connection from Elan to Fidelity, the Online Balance and error message still says Elan. I've sent several reports into Quicken Support. I guess we're going to have to process this account manually for a while. On a good note, all my other accounts are working just fine, including Bank of America.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jon Anscher
    Jon Anscher Member ✭✭
    It seems I can no longer import my transactions from my Fidelity Card at all. A while back I stopped being able to download via one step update via Elan and have not been able to reset the connection or set it back up again. So I had reverted to downloading them via QFX. However, now when trying to import the QFX, I get an error message:

Unable to read the selected Web Connect file.
    Please contact your financial institution.

Is anyone else currently able to successfully download their Fidelity Visa Signature Card transactions into Quicken?
  • Jon Anscher
    Jon Anscher Member ✭✭
    Sorry, update. I logged into the account via Elan's website rather than through Fidelity, and was able to download a QFX file that worked. Maybe I'll try adding it back to One Step Update again. I'll update here if I'm able to do that.
  • Jon Anscher
    Jon Anscher Member ✭✭
    Nope, trying to setup downloads via one step still isn't working. But at least I can download workable QFX files again.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jasmine I've reported the problem. Thanks.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have heard back from our teams and they have confirmed that this is a known issue that is being investigated, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    FWIW, if I login into the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card account and download the transactions as QFX while Quicken is opened, a QFX file is downloaded for storing on my computer which requires importing.
    If I login into the Elan Financial Services account (for the same credit card) and download the transactions for Quicken while Quicken is opened, the transactions are are imported into Quicken.
    So, access via the Elan login will be easier for me to manually download transactions into Quicken until this issue gets fixed.

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue today with Elan Financial Services. CC-505 error.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Started getting CC-505 Errors this morning when doing One Step Update on Elan Financial Services.
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • pspiel
    pspiel Member ✭✭✭
    Me too. @Quicken Anja and @Quicken Jasmine, please post here when the problem is resolved. Also, can you shed some light on what is going on? I've having this happen with card after card. The Wells Fargo credit card transaction download function has not been working for a long time, so I'm concerned that this Fidelity problem may follow that pattern. What causes these stoppages and what is the plan to eliminate them? Please help us understand.
  • varlene
    varlene Member ✭✭
    I noticed that the credit card number shown in the Quicken Account for Elan Financial Services that worked until yesterday does not match my actual card number although it did when I originally entered it. I think it has been changed for a while because the odd number showed up on a recent credit report showing an Elan card with the correct last 4 so I could recognize it. I tried changing the account number in Quicken to the actual card number but it did not fix the problem. I think that stringerleo's hypothesis above is correct that the format change is the culprit. Elan's technical support says that they do not support Quicken which leaves them off the hook, although they have been saying that for years and yet it has worked almost flawlessly day after day downloading my Fidelity Rewards Visa transactions until now. I will try to be hopeful, but who knows.

Changing the financial institution to Fidelity Rewards Credit Card did not work for me. I used my Fidelity username and password. Is that what others who have had success use?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    @varlene I use my Elan login for the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card login as well.  However, access to Fidelity Rewards Credit Card is also having problems.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to download transactions from the Elan login at 6:55pm EST.  I hope this issue has been resolved.

• ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to download transactions from the Elan login at 6:55pm EST.  I hope this issue has been resolved.
    I just tried and it seemed to work for me also. 
  • pspiel
    pspiel Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know. Mine is working again too.
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    > @leishirsute said:
    > I was able to download transactions from the Elan login at 6:55pm EST.  I hope this issue has been resolved.

Mine is working again also
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Got the following error this morning when trying to download from Elan Financial Services FI:

When I tried to add Elan account back into Quicken, I got:

I tried to download one more time, and the download worked.  Very unstable behavior.  The problems are probably still being worked out.

Using Quicken Deluxe R44.20

• TW767
    TW767 Member ✭✭
    Still unable to connect my account. Went through accepting new authorizations on elan's website but this did not help.
  • ciarmer
    ciarmer Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to download new transactions this morning (12/22/2022) without errors. 
    I just checked it again (8:50AM Eastern) and I did not receive any error messages. 
    So it seems to be working for me, at least for now. 
    (Quicken Premier R45.21) - Windows 10 Pro
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    CC-505 still being encountered, persistently, this morning. (8:12 AM MST, 10:12 AM Eastern). Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Rewards).  Quicken Premier R45.21 Windows 10. Send problem report from Quicken One Step Update screen. :/
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • varlene
    varlene Member ✭✭
    I am back in business. I created a fidelityrewards userid and password that thankfully also works at elan. For many years, I had been using my husband's elan userid to download in Quicken, so I had nothing to lose by creating my own, and Quicken likes it so thankfully all is well now.
  • CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Rewards) worked fine this morning (6:52 AM MST 8:52 AM Eastern).
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    It worked for me as well.  Hopefully, this is fixed.

• TW767
    TW767 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Unfortunately I deactivated One Step Update. When I try to reinstate it I still get a CC-508 error. Have okayed all there new authorizations - no help.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I had to try adding Fidelity Rewards Credit Card FI 3 times before getting no errors.

This discussion has been closed.