Express Web Connect + Accounts not completing Downloads

Options
pgavon
pgavon Member ✭✭✭
I have several accounts which use the Express Web Connect + method of updating transactions to Quicken. This morning, these accounts would go through their normal process of requesting data to download, but would not "complete" the download process. As a result, I had to terminate the Quicken program via the system manager to get the process to stop. I am on Version R45.21 for Windows. This happened 4 times already this morning and the issue continues. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @pgavon

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What financial institutions are you experiencing this with? 

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pgavon
    pgavon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what happens:
    1. I start the download process and the Express Web accounts on the screen shows the word "waiting" for 10 to 20 seconds
    2. The screen then shows the words "Updating Account" which then stays in an endless loop and never completes the download. There are no error codes or messages as the screen does not change.
    3. In order to exit Quicken, I am required to use the "Task Manager" function to shut down the Quicken application. I am able to start up the Quicken function as normal after using the Task manager shut down process.
    4. The specific accounts are Bank of America, Schwab and Discover which will not complete the download update.

Thanks for looking into this.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should I just be happy a connection took place, or really upset that the connection times are now in excess of 3-5 Mins?  I know its that long because while connecting many times my 5 min Screen saver kicks in.  I do have 4 banks connecting with EWC+...and unlike DirectConnect that runs 1 Bank at a time, EWC+ appears to be connecting all 4 Banks at the same time.  I am so unhappy with this EWC+....
  • Paul Teicholz
    Paul Teicholz Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I have the same problem with Schwab accounts.
  • nmccollu
    nmccollu Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here for Schwab and Capital One. Both fail after long, long wait. Verizon Visa EWC seems to be working.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My issue is simialr; EWC+ is Terrible and needs to be Improved ASAP or DUMPED.  My connection completes but can take in excess of 5 Mins...and that is a very long time considering DirectConnect takes under 15 Secs.  I see UPDATING accts 85% of the time it is connecting.  Unlike DirectConnect where each DC was done One bank at a Time, EWC+ is connecting all the banks using EWC+ at the same time...or at least that is what it appears to be watching OSU.  I have learned from other users a CC-501 error which I have seen over the Past week...simply means a FAILED CONNECTION...and you should try the connection later....  Quicken in my opinion is the Primary Link in this new Terrible EWC+ connection...I PAY Quicken and I should expect MUCH BETTER Service....get EWC+ to provide reasonable and acceptable Service or DUMP it.  Its been 2+ mos...glitches should be resolved..but instead seem to be getting worse.
  • Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem with Schwab accounts and Bank of America
  • petegkc
    petegkc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem here with Capital One and Schwab
  • sonomaron
    sonomaron Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same problem with Schwab.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup, same issue with Schwab, CC-501 error. Getting the boilerplate statement, “Unable to update these accounts, because of an error on the Quicken server.” 

Seen these before, and from years of past experience of unnecessary efforts to burn energy to solve these on my own, I’m going to wait until tomorrow to see if the IT folks in the back room of Quicken can solve this…
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dalehawaii I suggest waiting say an hour and try again.  It isn't that anyone is fixing this.  This is some kind of intermittent problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually, scanning all the reports that are coming in, Schwab might actually be having some real problems.
    Typically, when it is intermittent you don't get this many people reporting it.  Time will tell.
    Signature:
  • petegkc
    petegkc Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Actually, scanning all the reports that are coming in, Schwab might actually be having some real problems.
    > Typically, when it is intermittent you don't get this many people reporting it.  Time will tell.

It isn't just Schwab....
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    petegkc said:
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Actually, scanning all the reports that are coming in, Schwab might actually be having some real problems.
    > Typically, when it is intermittent you don't get this many people reporting it.  Time will tell.

It isn't just Schwab....
    Just as a reference, for me, Chase is working fine, and it is using Express Web Connect +.
    Signature:
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime,  we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• petegkc
    petegkc Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:

It isn't just Schwab....> @Chris_QPW said:
    > Just as a reference, for me, Chase is working fine, and it is using Express Web Connect +.

It's Capital One and Schwab among others. My Chase works fine but it is not on EWC+
  • petegkc
    petegkc Member ✭✭
    Options
    Capital One appears to be fixed but Schwab still is not
  • circlespinner
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with Capitol One 360 accounts. If I start with a new Quicken File and I unable to add a Capitol One 360 account. I successfully login to Capital One via browser pop-up and verify Quicken access. After that focus normally switches back to Quicken, but it stays stuck in the "logging in" state for several more minutes before reporting failure to sign-in.
  • flander1
    flander1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Like petegkc, I too can say Capital One appears to be fixed but Schwab still is not.
  • circlespinner
    Options
    Capital One 360 is now working for me too, but takes several minutes to link an account.
  • BobC
    BobC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello:

Just started to see the CC-501 Error for Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. yesterday, 12/21/2022.  I have been using the Express Web Connect + connection approach since it was mandated, generally without issue, until now.  The error has been consistent for more than 4 attempts since yesterday.  Unlike many failure error messages, which generally appear quickly, this error message takes a long time to generate - 3 to more than 5 minutes, whether the update attempt is made as part of a One Step Update, or individually, from the update menu choice within one of my Schwab accounts.  This problem is affecting all of my Schwab online accounts - two Schwab Bank accounts and one active Schwab Brokerage account.

Thanks,

Thanks,
    BobC

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Subscription, Build 27.1.52.28,
    Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 22621.2283 Exp 1000.22662.1000.0

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobC said:
    Hello:

Just started to see the CC-501 Error for Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. yesterday, 12/21/2022.  I have been using the Express Web Connect + connection approach since it was mandated, generally without issue, until now.  The error has been consistent for more than 4 attempts since yesterday.  Unlike many failure error messages, which generally appear quickly, this error message takes a long time to generate - 3 to more than 5 minutes, whether the update attempt is made as part of a One Step Update, or individually, from the update menu choice within one of my Schwab accounts.  This problem is affecting all of my Schwab online accounts - two Schwab Bank accounts and one active Schwab Brokerage account.

Thanks,

For what it is worth, based on the fact that all these Express Web Connect + accounts have been getting CC-501 errors from time to time, and that you can actually look in the Quicken Cloud Sync file to follow some of this, what is happening is that it is polling every 3 seconds to see if the sync has finished, and it does this for 5 minutes, and if it doesn't get an answer it gives up.  So that is the reason for the 5-minute delays.
    Signature:
  • pgavon
    pgavon Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just tried to update the accounts again, and this time it worked fine. Not sure what the problem was. Hopefully it is not intermittent.
  • nmccollu
    nmccollu Member ✭✭
    Options
    Capital One is working for me now. Schwab is not.
  • BobC
    BobC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried to update Schwab accounts again, after @pgavon 's message, and, like their experience, I found Schwab connectivity working again.

Thanks @Chris_QPW for additional details via Cloud Sync observations.  I would not have seen that, as I don't do Cloud Syncing.  Whatever the cause, it seems to be resolved for now.

Thanks,
    BobC

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Subscription, Build 27.1.52.28,
    Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 22621.2283 Exp 1000.22662.1000.0

• dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW and @BobC thanks for all of the excellent information/updates. Just tried Schwab as well, and it worked. Now back to the honey do list. :)
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Schwab is working for me now.
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using EWC+ is like crossing your fingers and Hope that it works...this is not how it should be.  EWC+ unstable and SLOW.  Quicken had better get involved because many Quicken users won't come to this community for help and Guidance, they will simply no longer use Quicken
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobC said:
    Thanks @Chris_QPW for additional details via Cloud Sync observations.  I would not have seen that, as I don't do Cloud Syncing. 
    Anyone using Express Web Connect or Express Web Connect + is doing "Cloud Syncing".  I don't have Sync to Mobile/Web on either.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882641/qcs-express-web-connect-is-cloud-sync
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.